(<--fool) Missed my April MCAT, is May date so bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TupacalipseT96

R U Still Down?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeaaaaaa... so for some reason, over the course of 5 months since I first registered for the thing in December, I managed to convince myself that the April test date was actually APRIL 27th. When indeed I was registered for the 18th (which I found out on the 19th). Don't ask me why :(.

Besides the $210 out the window, this bothers me because I had been planning everything so carefully for a June 1st early app submission. Now I'm lookin at June 24th earliest, if I can find me a May 23rd test date spot.

So, my question is... How big of a deal is early june vs. late june application submission? I know they say submit ASAP because AAMC gets backed up as time goes on and it can take like 8 weeks for them turn your application around if you wait, versus like 1-2weeks if you're early.

Anyone have any experience or insight about a late June application submission? Is that considered 'late'? fairly 'early'? Did I shoot myself in the foot?

Members don't see this ad.

you should consider DO or Caribbean

edit: That was a joke. But now I'm wondering why your mdapps says you already have a 37. what is that not good enough? Or is that just a practice score?

HAH. I admire your humor :)
But really. Late June submission isnt a big deal?

yea, that's just a practice score, got a little eager with mdapps. Scoring 36-37 consistently on AMCA practice tests, hoping for the same with the real thing. Will update once I finally take the damn thing.

I don't understand if you have a 37 why don't you submit when the app opens. Isn't a 37 higher then the average mcat score for any school in the US

Members don't see this ad :)
You can submit in early June and the score will be automatically added to your application when it comes back.

AMCAS does not release your application to the schools until late-June/July1, so yours would still be in one of the first groups to go out.

pingouin THANK YOU. That is exactly the info I was looking for. Now I dont have to worry, and I get an extra month to cram more verbal in. Tyvm.

So just to clarify...is someone who takes the may 23rd mcat in the same boat as someone who has their scores already on june 1st? I am retaking the 10th, & I need every advantage I can get when I apply, so I want to apply as early as possible. Do you think applying & taking the may 23rd will hurt? I would really like the extra 2 weeks to study, but can prob do it without. thanks!!

also, I did the exact same thing. Back in my wannabe phd days, I registered for the biology gre & completely forgot about it until the day afterwards. & it's only offered I think twice a year...not my proudest moment...

So just to clarify...is someone who takes the may 23rd mcat in the same boat as someone who has their scores already on june 1st?
Pretty much.

I am retaking the 10th, & I need every advantage I can get when I apply, so I want to apply as early as possible. Do you think applying & taking the may 23rd will hurt? I would really like the extra 2 weeks to study, but can prob do it without. thanks!!

No

So just to clarify...is someone who takes the may 23rd mcat in the same boat as someone who has their scores already on june 1st? I am retaking the 10th, & I need every advantage I can get when I apply, so I want to apply as early as possible. Do you think applying & taking the may 23rd will hurt? I would really like the extra 2 weeks to study, but can prob do it without. thanks!!

also, I did the exact same thing. Back in my wannabe phd days, I registered for the biology gre & completely forgot about it until the day afterwards. & it's only offered I think twice a year...not my proudest moment...

It should be fine. I took mine last year on May 31st and it wasn't a problem. I submitted my app for Texas schools before I got my score back and I waited until I got my scores back before submitting the AMCAS one. I got interviews and acceptances with both. Don't worry!!!