For a 3.4/30, which of these schools would be the best bet

J.Pearlman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2002
Visit site
Status
U of Vermont, St. Louis, Tufts, Jefferson, Rochestor, Boston U., Mt. Sinai, Loyola, U. of Pittsburg, George Washington, Einstein.

I have a 3.4 (ov.gpa)/3.4 (sc.gpa)/28 mcat/NY resident/loads of EC's. I am already applying to a lot of schools so I can only choose 3-4 more from the list above. Thanks a lot.

Also, if timing of application is a factor for any of these schools, let me know since I AM applying kind of late.

Dr. Kermit

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2001
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by J.Pearlman
U of Vermont, St. Louis, Tufts, Jefferson, Rochestor, Boston U., Mt. Sinai, Loyola, U. of Pittsburg, George Washington, Einstein.

I have a 3.4 (ov.gpa)/3.4 (sc.gpa)/28 mcat/NY resident/loads of EC's. I am already applying to a lot of schools so I can only choose 3-4 more from the list above. Thanks a lot.

Also, if timing of application is a factor for any of these schools, let me know since I AM applying kind of late.
I applied to Tufts, Jefferson, Sinai, Pitt (PA resident), GW, and Einstein. I was offered interviews at Tufts, GW, and Einstein, put on hold at Jefferson, and denied at Sinai and Pitt. With Pitt, they sent me a secondary, cashed my check, and rejected me two days after it was cashed! I had a 3.56 and 30. Good luck.

greniedgal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2002
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Dr. Kermit

With Pitt, they sent me a secondary, cashed my check, and rejected me two days after it was cashed!

Wow...Pitt rejected and Hopkins accepted you? (and you were in state for Pitt??) :eek:

About the Ads

Silvertip

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2002
MT
Visit site
Status
J.Pearlman-

DO apply to SLU! I applied with a 3.1/32 MCAT (two different undergrad degrees) and was accepted outright this year during my first application cycle. Also, I felt that the administration and facilities at SLU were really in the favor of the student. U.Vermont/Loyola did not invite me for an interview. Best of luck.
:confused: :) :confused:

basha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2001
Visit site
Status
Isn't Howard primarily an african-american school, meaning if you're not Black or a minority, then your'e chances are very low of getting accepted. This is why I didn't apply there.....if anyone can tell me elsewise, I'll apply there too ( and also.....meharry, rite?)

basha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2001
Visit site
Status
saint loius univ., dont apply there though cuz ur jus decreasing my chances.....o wait, SLU really stands for Southern Louisiana Univ, and u can apply there since i forgot to....jus kidding!!!

CaNEM

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2002
Status
Originally posted by J.Pearlman
I have a 3.4 (ov.gpa)/3.4 (sc.gpa)/28 mcat.
Just curious, is your MCAT a 30 or a 28? In the title you said 30 and here you said 28. Not that it makes a huge difference.

K

Katie

I vote for SLU, Tufts, and GW. I interviewed at all 3 with a 3.62 and 29 MCAT, and accepted (off waitlist) at SLU and Tufts.

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2001
anchorage, ak
Visit site
Status
Applied to all the schools on this list (plus 14 more) except Einstein and Loyola. With a 3.5 cum GPA from Stanford and a 30M MCAT (12v,8ps,10bs).
My results:

Rejected pre-interview: Pitt, Boston (took forever to notify me)
Put on hold forever and finally rejected: GW
Rejected post-interview: Rochester
Accepted: SLU
Waitlisted: Vermont, Tufts, Mt. Sinai, Jeffferson

I was an August MCATer with my apps all complete when the scores came out. I think some of those WL's might have been acceptances had I not been an August MCATer.

You do need to clear up the confusion about whether your MCAT score is 28 or 30. That and the distribution could be a factor in which schools to apply to. But based on what you've said so far, I vote for Vermont, SLU, Jefferson and either Tufts or Mt. Sinai. Best of luck.

warpath

Officer Cadet
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2001
Status
Originally posted by SMW
Applied to all the schools on this list (plus 14 more) except Einstein and Loyola. With a 3.5 cum GPA from Stanford and a 30M MCAT (12v,8ps,10bs).
My results:

Rejected pre-interview: Pitt, Boston (took forever to notify me)
Put on hold forever and finally rejected: GW
Rejected post-interview: Rochester
Accepted: SLU
Waitlisted: Vermont, Tufts, Mt. Sinai, Jeffferson

I was an August MCATer with my apps all complete when the scores came out. I think some of those WL's might have been acceptances had I not been an August MCATer.

You do need to clear up the confusion about whether your MCAT score is 28 or 30. That and the distribution could be a factor in which schools to apply to. But based on what you've said so far, I vote for Vermont, SLU, Jefferson and either Tufts or Mt. Sinai. Best of luck.
Hey SMW,
which school do you go to now? I'm at Wash U. I don't know if you remember, but we met at the Jefferson interveiw.

About the Ads