For all dental student, please answer me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucla2134

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I am predent and i would like to ask the question. I knew that research make your apllication stronger. That is why i am doing this quarter. But because my professor is Adjunct Professor, i can only do it with him for one quarter because my upper division research course require that i have to do with academic professor. I really bump today to found out that i cannot continue doing research with him.
So he gives me option that i can continue to do it with him but in an UNRECOGNIZED WAY (mean that it won't appear on my transcript that i will do research) and he will give my letter of recommendation.
Should i continue to do research with him?Do dental school really like me more if i had research background?
To tell the truth, i like research but since he is adjunct professor, i have to take upper different class to replace research position.
Thanks in advance for any input

Members don't see this ad.

if your marks are borderline then i would go ahead and do the unrecongnized research; it can only help ur application.

g'luck

schools don't care if it is on your transcript or not.. just get a letter.

jb!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with Jack, whether or not if your research is on your record does not matter. What would be important, is if the prof would allow you to be a co-author on a paper. That would be big.
-C

None of my research work is on any of my transcript. But publishing papers with my name helped me getting in first class

im sure research experience makes your app look better, but you can do other things if that's not working out in your case...gpa,dat, volunteer, extra ciric, etc

oh my god im so dumb to not knowing about the publication. My professor promise me that i will let me be coauthor if i work for him an extra year. I said yes but i did not know the importance of publication.
Thank you so much for all your response. :thumbup:

Hi!
I am predent and i would like to ask the question. I knew that research make your apllication stronger. That is why i am doing this quarter. But because my professor is Adjunct Professor, i can only do it with him for one quarter because my upper division research course require that i have to do with academic professor. I really bump today to found out that i cannot continue doing research with him.
So he gives me option that i can continue to do it with him but in an UNRECOGNIZED WAY (mean that it won't appear on my transcript that i will do research) and he will give my letter of recommendation.
Should i continue to do research with him?Do dental school really like me more if i had research background?
To tell the truth, i like research but since he is adjunct professor, i have to take upper different class to replace research position.
Thanks in advance for any input

I had some research experience... and i think it really really helped me out. I researched tooth development in fish, so the interviewees were always curious that fish zebrafish had teeth.