• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

Feb Hold Updated Status

• After being put on hold in Feb I RECEIVED AN INTERVIEW

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • after being put on hold in Feb I RECEIVED A REJECTION

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • after being put on hold in Feb I AM AGAIN PRE-INTERVIEW WAITLISTED FOR THE SUMMER

Votes: 21 61.8%

• Total voters

ocean11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2002
Status (Visible)
Hello all.... I just received my letter from GW stating that I am on hold for the 'slim possiblity' of an interview in the summer. So after being put on hold in February I'm on hold again. However, GW did say in the letter that this pool of applicants is really small, so I want to conduct a poll to find out how small it really is....

dookbloo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2002
Status (Visible)
gw had 1000 more applicants this year than last year (over 10K)...im not sure how many people they would actually interview...good luck

Brickhouse

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2003
LA2DC and back again...
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I can't wait to meet my fellow classmates for next year. :love:

We're gonna have sooooo much fun and be life long friends, we can sit around in our panties and paint eachothers nails and binge on oreos, and then purge and hold eachother's hair back....yay GW class of 2008!!

About the Ads

ocean11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2002
Status (Visible)
Brickhouse you're a girl?

My favorite nail polish is OPI the best!!!!!!!!!

4 Ever

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2001
New Jersey
Status (Visible)
i loved how they kept saying not to get your hopes up but they were giving hope .... the whole letter made me laugh though... it was worse than being rejected... cuz now theyre going to string you along and then in the summer send you the rejection letter

ocean11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2002
Status (Visible)
I wonder how many people in total are in the new 'pre-interview' for 'potential summer interviews' category? does anyone know?!?

ewing

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2003
In da house!
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by ocean11
I wonder how many people in total are in the new 'pre-interview' for 'potential summer interviews' category? does anyone know?!?

Approx 6,800.

Jusk kidding. :laugh: :laugh:

4 Ever

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2001
New Jersey
Status (Visible)
right now even 20 seems like a lot for this small pool of applicants.... esp because only SDN so far has 20... imagine how many others dont know about this site that have received it

Brickhouse

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2003
LA2DC and back again...
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by 4 Ever
right now even 20 seems like a lot for this small pool of applicants.... esp because only SDN so far has 20... imagine how many others dont know about this site that have received it

Don't get a big head about this but I don't think SDN is a representative sample of med school applicants, I think most SDNers are ahead of the curve.

4 Ever

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2001
New Jersey
Status (Visible)
quite the contrary ... i was referring to how if SDN has 20 people so far (and some lurkers who havent posted), then the pool of "small" applicants is a lot larger than they make it seem since as you said, the SDN members 'are ahead of the curve'

ocean11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2002
Status (Visible)
I might actually call and find the number, or hopefully a 'ballpark' number of people on hold for the 'potential' summer interviews. I mean a 'small' pool of applicants could range anywere from a few people to over 200. I wish they were more precise on the letter they sent and told us how many people they put on hold.

For example if they put 25 people on hold, that might actually give us a good chance to interview, BUT if they have 300 people in this category and hope to interview a few for waitlist spots it may not be worth it!?!?

I am going to call them next week!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.