For all of those who just took the OATs....

al074755

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how much of physics 2 and orgo 2 were on their OAT? Although, I have full intentions of reviewing and studying both before the exam, I will not have them completed before I take it. I am kind of worried about not completeing these two classes before the exam. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Both are VERY important but as long as you understand the important principles, you should be fine.

I just took mine yesterday. The physics was very basic. Almost everything on it was just f=ma, all the basic acceleration/velocity/and displacement formulas, Kinetic+Potential energies, f=-kx (spring force), and p=mv (momentum). Out of the rest of them, there were 1 or 2 questions on torque, 1 or 2 on friction, 2 or 3 on basic circuits, 1 on angular velocity, 2 or 3 on lenses/optics. Nothing on it was really very complex. Just make sure you know those formulas well, and how to use trig to calculate forces. All very straightforward. I thought it was easier than any of the kaplan or opted practice tests.

As for the o-chem, that's a completely different story. Out of all the practice exams that I'd done, there was a good amount of organic I intermixed with organic II, and I was scoring fairly well, despite not having taken Organic II. On the exam however... not even close. Almost the entire Organic section was straight organic II reactions. I don't know if that's the norm or not on the OAT though?! Maybe I was just unlucky... but if I were doing it over, I would've devoted some time to organic II.

Hope this helps!

Wow this helps me a lot. Thank you!

questions though, I was wondering any hard trigs like csc, sec, cot? or trig formulas that i need to remember besides SOHCAHTOA?

For bio, i was really concern about the names of different kingdoms, phylums and their division ... do i have to memorize all of their names?

I just took mine yesterday. The physics was very basic. Almost everything on it was just f=ma, all the basic acceleration/velocity/and displacement formulas, Kinetic+Potential energies, f=-kx (spring force), and p=mv (momentum). Out of the rest of them, there were 1 or 2 questions on torque, 1 or 2 on friction, 2 or 3 on basic circuits, 1 on angular velocity, 2 or 3 on lenses/optics. Nothing on it was really very complex. Just make sure you know those formulas well, and how to use trig to calculate forces. All very straightforward. I thought it was easier than any of the kaplan or opted practice tests.

As for the o-chem, that's a completely different story. Out of all the practice exams that I'd done, there was a good amount of organic I intermixed with organic II, and I was scoring fairly well, despite not having taken Organic II. On the exam however... not even close. Almost the entire Organic section was straight organic II reactions. I don't know if that's the norm or not on the OAT though?! Maybe I was just unlucky... but if I were doing it over, I would've devoted some time to organic II.

Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow this helps me a lot. Thank you!

questions though, I was wondering any hard trigs like csc, sec, cot? or trig formulas that i need to remember besides SOHCAHTOA?

For bio, i was really concern about the names of different kingdoms, phylums and their division ... do i have to memorize all of their names?

For the trig, there were a few with arcsin/arccos/arctan in the QR section i think. Generally, if you know the basics of trig (SOHCAHTOA, how each function relates to one another, the values for the common angles, quadrants, etc..) inside and out, you'll be fine. It's not much.

For the bio taxonomy, I don't think there were any questions that were just flat out "Which phylum does X belong to," but there were a couple on knowing the order that the categories go in. For instance, they may say something like "if 2 different organisms belong to the same order, they must belong to the same:" and the answer would be Kingdom, Phylum, or Class, because they are higher in classification than order. There may have also been one or 2 where they gave you an organism, and asked about kingdom though. But again, your results may vary from my test experience?!

Hey Live2serve,

Thank u for the info, but i suggest you take off the question from the OAT before you put urself in jeorpardy. that's only if it is from there.. if it's just something you made up then that's fine... =). hehe.. just wanted you to be safe from anything. =)

For the trig, there were a few with arcsin/arccos/arctan in the QR section i think. Generally, if you know the basics of trig (SOHCAHTOA, how each function relates to one another, the values for the common angles, quadrants, etc..) inside and out, you'll be fine. It's not much.

For the bio taxonomy, I don't think there were any questions that were just flat out "Which phylum does X belong to," but there were a couple on knowing the order that the categories go in. For instance, they may say something like "if 2 different organisms belong to the same order, they must belong to the same:" and the answer would be Kingdom, Phylum, or Class, because they are higher in classification than order. There may have also been one or 2 where they gave you an organism, and asked about kingdom though. But again, your results may vary from my test experience?!

Hey Live2serve,

Thank u for the info, but i suggest you take off the question from the OAT before you put urself in jeorpardy. that's only if it is from there.. if it's just something you made up then that's fine... =). hehe.. just wanted you to be safe from anything. =)

Lily08USF,
Thanks for your concern, but the question I posed to you was a complete hypothetical that I just invented off the top of my head, and not taken directly from the exam in any way shape or form. I don't think I could quote a single question from the exam if I tried! What I meant by the question above, was more to convey the type of question I found relevant in my experience. As always though, your mileage may vary.