1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

For all those not processed....

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by moo, Aug 15, 2001.

1. moo

moo 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

I called the accounting lady and she said that they have no records of my CC being charged (i.e., I didn't pay them at all) This is ridiculous cuz they charged my CC and I paid it. SO now I have to send them a copy of my statement and she said she will look into it. So your lack of processing may be due to this fact. Even if your CC's been charged and your balance shows 0, it does not mean that they have received it. It is worth it to check it out

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DJ W.R.

DJ W.R. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

moo,

If you don't mind, could you post the phone number of the lady that you contacted? (hopefully it isn't the regular Mariah Carey 24/7 AMCAS #)
    Thanks

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Omigod, I actually had AMCAS on the phone today and of course they assured me my app would be processed and electronically transmitted in 2-3 weeks (SURE it will!) (I submitted7/25), but I never thought to ask them if they had received my payment. I had called to ask them why some of my schools didn't have transmittal dates. She said the transmsittal dates mean the tramsmissison of preliminary info and not to worry, it had been sent to all my schools, even the ones without dates. I too would like to know how to contact the accounting lady.

5. moo

moo 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

202-828-0451

SHe was very helpful and indicated to me that this was the first time this has happened. SHe said she'd call me back tomorrow after checking the records of all the CC transactions.

6. elle

elle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I posted this on the "Finally, my application has been processed..." thread, but here's what I found out today: they seem to have just realized this issue and are having a meeting at 11 am tomorrow to figure out what to do about people who they don't have charges recorded for. It's weird though, because I've called before and they said that they had the money, and now all of a sudden they don't! I don't get it. But for what it's worth, they said to call back tomorrow afternoon and hopefully they'll have resolved this somehow.

(You can choose to believe this or not, I am sort of skeptical.)

:)

7. Legend

Legend Super Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician

fraud.

8. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Any word yet on what happened at the meeting?
    I just discovered after talking with the nice AAMC accounting lady that my credit card wasn't charged until 14 days after I certified and submitted. Kind of nice, I don't mind delaying that payment by a month!
    This seems to have been a different problem than what you guys have had happen though.

9. elle

elle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I tried calling a few times today and got voicemail messages each time... has anyone heard if they were able to take people with payment issues because of credit cards off "hold" status?

10. DJ W.R.

DJ W.R. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I talked to a lady at AMCAS today and she said that (as of a couple days ago) they are no longer delaying the processing for people with the credit card payment issues. She seemed to know what she is talking about...but ya never know! :rolleyes:

11. moo

moo 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

I got the CC info cleared up today. She finally answered her phone, elle. But anyway she was very nice and made sure that my last (and final) payment did go through. In fact, I double verified it when I logged into my mastercard account statement and saw that my account had indeed been credited.