For anyone who wants to know what it is like working in a grocery store Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MountainPharmD

custodiunt illud simplex
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You must see this movie. The Promotion (2008) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803057/

It is so damn funny and realistic. If you want to know about working in a corporate grocery store pharmacy watch this movie. Then imagine yourself as a Pharmacy Manager having to deal with store and corporate management just like in the movie. It is so true and realistic it had to be written be someone who used to be on the inside.

The lot scene is a classic grocery management response to anything.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
A person with questionable ethics would say that its available at many popular bittorrent sites right now. Shameful.

I interned for Kroger for 3 years and I'm looking forward to seeing this...

Was an okay flick. Guess it's better if you're a grocery man.

I think the key is to work in a nice grocery store with lots of milfs.

It was below average...and had nothing to do with pharmacy as I remembered it. The managers should be going off on waaaaaay more power trips.

It was below average...and had nothing to do with pharmacy as I remembered it. The managers should be going off on waaaaaay more power trips.

Sorry there was nothing about Pharmacy in the movie. My point was to observe how they portray store and corporate management because it is right on the money. Then imagine yourself as the Pharmacy Manager in a grocery store having to deal with these idiots on a daily basis. Plus it had Stiffler from American Pie and that dude from Boogie Nights as main characters.

Come on the parking lot scene when he gets hit in the head with the YoHoo bottle! What happens to him is a classic retail response to bull**** customer complaints.

After my stepfather sold his store and retired, he went to work managing a supermarket pharmacy. After he cleaned the pharmacy and found $25,000.00 in checks form third parties that were laying around the pharmacy for months and cleaned it up he had a little run in with the store manager who wanted him to dispense a prescription that needed clarification from the prescriber after the customer complained to the store manager about waiting for the doctor to call back. He told the manager to get out of the pharmacy and stick to what he knew best, peas and carrots. Needless to say be didn't last long.....

He told the manager to get out of the pharmacy and stick to what he knew best, peas and carrots. Needless to say be didn't last long.....

Yep thats how it goes. I have actually used a similar line myself. I told a manger a few years ago he needed to worry about stocking the tampons and toliet paper and I would handle the hard stuff in the Pharmacy.