? for Applicants to Waterloo & USA

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nvega13

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those applying to the USA and Waterloo, I was just wondering how you guys are handling the LOR issue. Are you guys going to ask people to write you letters twice (seeing as the Waterloo forms are not available yet)? Although I don't really mind doing this for my professor, I don't know the OD I shadowed that well, and I don't want to inconvenience her twice. Any advice, especially from those who were in this situation in the past, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

nvega13 said:
For those applying to the USA and Waterloo, I was just wondering how you guys are handling the LOR issue. Are you guys going to ask people to write you letters twice (seeing as the Waterloo forms are not available yet)? Although I don't really mind doing this for my professor, I don't know the OD I shadowed that well, and I don't want to inconvenience her twice. Any advice, especially from those who were in this situation in the past, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello! I got all my letters for the US schools in the summer and let one prof and OD know that I will be knocking on their door in the New Year for letters for Waterloo. I'm sure most people would save the letter on the computer, so it really isn't much of an inconvenence for them to have to hit print again... Good luck with all your applications!

pre_opt_sku said:
Hello! I got all my letters for the US schools in the summer and let one prof and OD know that I will be knocking on their door in the New Year for letters for Waterloo. I'm sure most people would save the letter on the computer, so it really isn't much of an inconvenence for them to have to hit print again... Good luck with all your applications!

Hi Sharla!

Thanks for the reply. I know that you have an interview at ICO... I was just wondering, for your LORs for that school, did you get you referees to write letters, or did you use the sheets provided by the school (ie. the check lists)?

nvega13 said:
Hi Sharla!

Thanks for the reply. I know that you have an interview at ICO... I was just wondering, for your LORs for that school, did you get you referees to write letters, or did you use the sheets provided by the school (ie. the check lists)?

Hello,
For both my LOR, they filled out the sheets and sent in a letter as well.