For Brijeshm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marleybfour

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Brijeshm,

You asked a question about Examcrackers in the other post that got a bit off track. I thought I'd give you my opinion as neither a teacher, owner, writer...etc. of MCAT material.

I took the MCAT in April and studies minimally on my own. I ordered all the EC books and AO about two weeks prior to the exam. I didn't do very well. ( Not a surprise.)

I have been taking a Princeton class and studying both their materials and my EC. I live in Florida, so an EC class was not an option. I choose Princeton over Kaplan strictly because they offered more actual classes for the same price.

For Bio, I prefer the EC book. The Princeton book is filled with so much detail it is overwhelming. ( At least for me.)

For Physics and Chemistry I prefer the PR materials. I feel they explain the subject matter in an easier manner to understand. EC confuses me, especially when they go into the different energies and equations. I get lost with EC. I think Princeton tends to keep it "more simple."

For Organic, they are both good.

The Princeton science workbook is awesome. I think it probably has the most realistic passages as compared to an actual MCAT.

The 1001 questions for both chem and orgo have been helpful. I find the chem questions can be pretty tricky, but I figure if I can understand the tough stuff then the easy stuff is all the more easy.

The AO I don't find very helpful. I am definitely a "visual" learner and have a tough time with having just an audio to comprehend from. I use it strictly as an extra component when I am just too tired to read.

Anyway, I take the MCAT again next week. That will be the deciding factor as to whether or not ANYTHING helped.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by marleybfour
The AO I don't find very helpful. I am definitely a "visual" learner and have a tough time with having just an audio to comprehend from. I use it strictly as an extra component when I am just too tired to read.

Don't feel discouraged. The human brain processes visuals 60,000 - 400,000 times faster than text, and the average person only remembers about a fifth of what they hear. Behavioral research confirms that we must rely on all our senses.