For current medical students/applicants who completed SMP's - your experiences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bromeo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm currently a 4th year student at UC San Diego, planning on applying to an SMP next spring (and also enter the AMCAS admission cycle for the entering class of 2012). I've already taken the MCAT and all I need is to gather LOR's by that time. I've been looking into a few schools, namely Georgetown (my first choice, mainly due to its solid reputation and because I've personally heard good things about it firsthand) and Loyola Chicago, and wanted to just get some general feedback on what the experience was like and how it helped from a current medical student/applicant who went that route. Any advice on how to proceed with the application process (for both SMP and med school) would be appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Would you mind sharing your stats and maybe what you're looking for in an SMP? I went to Boston University this past year and half (just about done with my thesis). Great curriculum that models their med school (some classes are taken with the med students), good profs, amazing city, great reputation... I can give more details later.

Also, check out the post-bacc forum for more info. Other schools to consider: University of Cincinnati, Rosalind Franklin (I think)