for doing uworld on rotations- Used ipad mini 4 from gazelle or refurb ipad mini 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KP2AZ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey sdn

I'm going to be on rotations, and I wanted to get an ipad mini so I could do uworld/combank questions during down time, as well as obviously use UTD/look things up. I also dont want to have my phone out during rotations because it looks bad.

my 2 options
1) Get an apple certified refurbished ipad mini 2 32 gig for $270
or
2) get a used ("excellent condition") ipad mini 4 64 gig for $300 off of Gazelle

close to the same cost, but wanted to know if anyone has experienced good or bad with one vs the other...especially Gazelle (never used it before).

Thanks,
KP2AZ

Members don't see this ad.

Stay the hell away from Gazelle!!! P.s., why would having your phone out look bad? We live in the age of technology, use it. Tell your attendings that you use it to study if you need to.

Reactions: 1 user
Stay the hell away from Gazelle!!! P.s., why would having your phone out look bad? We live in the age of technology, use it. Tell your attendings that you use it to study if you need to.

thanks for the heads up. such a good deal....knew there had to be a draw back.

and would tell them that...if they weren't grading me :-/

Members don't see this ad :)

This is true in theory, but there are still plenty of attendings and hospital staff that would think "playing games/texting" if they see you on your phone on rotations. That said, they might think the same thing if they see you pull out a tablet. I would be careful to only really use it in clear downtime when you're generally out of site.

Also, for the love of God, don't have your phone, tablet, or a book out in the middle of rounds unless someone tells you to look something up right then. I couldn't even tell you how many students I saw distracted on rounds, only to hear residents bad mouth them or attendings be annoyed.

Reactions: 1 user