For evaluation section of the AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eagleye2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I understand that some schools want a letter from a D.O as well as the committee letter from the university. However, my university committee letter will probably include portions of the D.O rec letter and is sending that letter along with the committee letter (letter packet along with the committee letter). Given this, do I need to create two evaluation requests? One for the committee letter and one for the DO letter from my school?

Members don't see this ad.

I understand that some schools want a letter from a D.O as well as the committee letter from the university. However, my university committee letter will probably include portions of the D.O rec letter and is sending that letter along with the committee letter (letter packet along with the committee letter). Given this, do I need to create two evaluation requests? One for the committee letter and one for the DO letter from my school?

So I've had the same question and I email the schools when I get secondary invites from them just to make sure.
Most schools I've contacted have told me that I only need to submit the committee letter!

Just my own personal experience, I would contact the school and see what they say

Sounds to me like you'd be fine with just the committee letter, but when in doubt, contact the admissions office to be sure. I know some are very picky(one rejected my DO letter because of how it was signed and some other stuff)

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to derail, but sort of related to the committee letter:

Does AACOMAS start transcript verification if the committee letter is not received yet? Mine will not be ready for a few weeks which I thought would likely come by the time of verification.
I submitted yesterday morning to just one school until I finalize a school list:
upload_2018-6-26_14-36-23.png

I am not sure if status will change from complete to under-verification or ready to review or something else. Appreciate any input!

Sorry to derail, but sort of related to the committee letter:

Does AACOMAS start transcript verification if the committee letter is not received yet? Mine will not be ready for a few weeks which I thought would likely come by the time of verification.
I submitted yesterday morning to just one school until I finalize a school list:
View attachment 236178

I am not sure if status will change from complete to under-verification or ready to review or something else. Appreciate any input!

When I had my app submitted but my committee letter was not submitted yet, all my school status were green and said "verified"