For Everybody

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Gerrard

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nothing in life is easy, unless you are lucky.

But if you are lucky, then everything in life is easy, so this will still apply.

Do what you think you might enjoy. The extra job security with medicine comes with a price. The lack of job security of business/finance comes with its benefits. There are ups and downs for EVERYTHING.

The point is, do not look at hours worked, salary, job security, etc. When choosing what you want to do, you need to look at one thing. That is, you have to decide what you really might enjoy spending your time doing. That is the only thing that matters.

Doing medicine just for the money = wrong.
Not doing medicine just because you might have long hours = wrong.

In any field, you can make the lifestyle you want.

Members don't see this ad.

nothing in life is easy, unless you are lucky.

But if you are lucky, then everything in life is easy, so this will still apply.

Do what you think you might enjoy. The extra job security with medicine comes with a price. The lack of job security of business/finance comes with its benefits. There are ups and downs for everything.

The point is, do not look at hours worked, salary, job security, etc. When choosing what you want to do, you need to look at one thing. That is, you have to decide what you really might enjoy spending your time doing. That is the only thing that matters.

Doing medicine just for the money = wrong.
Not doing medicine just because you might have long hours = wrong.

In any field, you can make the lifestyle you want.

qft

Although I am the first to admit that I have had a very very easy life compared to many.

I should have put a disclaimer saying that this is just a personal belief, based completely off of what I have read on here and elsewhere.

This is not coming from experience, but it makes sense.