for how many year NDBE part1 score valid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Acfd2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi can anyone tell me for how many year ndbe part1 score valid i gave in 2003 with 90%. do i have any chance n Boston

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont think so, one applicant came at ucsf interview, who had taken part I in 1996.

Hi Stelon

The exam is offered only twice a year –July/Dec only in the United States. The score is valid for 5 years and once passed it cannot be withdrawn. No guessing penalty. The score scale is 49 – 99. Passing is 75. In case the student fails, the particular section alone can be retaken, if necessary.
I found it on kaplan india website....please let me know on further if u find something specific...
thanks

I dont think so, one applicant came at ucsf interview, who had taken part I in 1996.

Hi Stelon

I found the following on kaplan india website on NBDE.... though i believe theres not much talked on this on ADA website.... :thumbdown: , please let me know further if u find something specific...

The exam is offered only twice a year –July/Dec only in the United States. The score is valid for 5 years and once passed it cannot be withdrawn. No guessing penalty. The score scale is 49 – 99. Passing is 75. In case the student fails, the particular section alone can be retaken, if necessary.

thanks

Hi Stelon

I found the following on kaplan india website on NBDE.... though i believe theres not much talked on this on ADA website.... :thumbdown: , please let me know further if u find something specific...

thanks

sorry for repeats....i was a lil....guess...ummm...watever...:sleep:

5 yrs.... thats what i thot...

hello dentist79,
what u said is right for the time being... but sooner the equation is gonna change. there will be no longer any written test that is offered in july/dec.. we'll have to take only the computer based one.
And if we get less then 75 we can retake the one section right now,.. and that also is going to change. we ll have to take the full exam again, not just the one subject...
there ll be only one section consisting of 400 jumbled up questions , and 20% of those ll be clinicals..
no penalty for guessing...
its valid for 5 yrs generally.. but may vary from university to uni. , but minimum is 5 yrs

Boston University asks about 3 years.

I also thought that validity is 5 years for nbde scores, but it depends on the university.

hello dentist79,
what u said is right for the time being... but sooner the equation is gonna change. there will be no longer any written test that is offered in july/dec.. we'll have to take only the computer based one.
And if we get less then 75 we can retake the one section right now,.. and that also is going to change. we ll have to take the full exam again, not just the one subject...
there ll be only one section consisting of 400 jumbled up questions , and 20% of those ll be clinicals..
no penalty for guessing...
its valid for 5 yrs generally.. but may vary from university to uni. , but minimum is 5 yrs

Hey Mr dentist
Thanks for an elaborate detail....yes generally accepted by most of the universities time frame for having given the part 1 for now is 5 years...though few exceptions...like BU....ofcourse the nbde is subjected to changes from next year...
and stelon are you talking of a female who got selected to UCSF and had a 25 years experience in India...of a fculty in a reputed institute in Bombay...let me know...:thumbup:
bye

I am talking about a senior male dentist who came during the ucsf interview, who told that he had taken part I in 1996.
Hey Mr dentist
Thanks for an elaborate detail....yes generally accepted by most of the universities time frame for having given the part 1 for now is 5 years...though few exceptions...like BU....ofcourse the nbde is subjected to changes from next year...
and stelon are you talking of a female who got selected to UCSF and had a 25 years experience in India...of a fculty in a reputed institute in Bombay...let me know...:thumbup:
bye

I called up ADA and they said for life. Again it depends on each school, some schools ask for 5 years, some 3 and as far as I know the california schools don't care when you took it as long as you took it. So before you apply ask each school what their criteria is.

I agree with g3K, california schools dont care about part I score and even their validity. i have seen so many applicants at ucsf and uop who have part I score below 85. they give more importance to clinical exam, personal statement.

Hi
Could anyone plz let me know as to how the number of NDBE attempts would be affecting the admission process!
Does ADA report the number of attempts when score reports are despatched to universities?
Thanks in advance

The score report will only reflect your latest attempt.

Also, keep in mind that you cannot get a report for ONLY part I if you took part II already...Both scores will be in the report. :thumbdown:

Also, keep in mind that you cannot get a report for ONLY part I if you took part II already...Both scores will be in the report. :thumbdown:

i called up ada and they said only part 1 scores r sent if u want only part 1 to be sent, but if u want part 2 to be sent then both aprt 1 and 2 r sent out together

thanx much for the prompt replies herodontist,elto and godbless - tht was helpful!