For Love Or Money

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ianwright

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
IF YOUR IN IT FOR THE MONEY - BE AWARE!

personally - i think people with an interest in dentisty have a specific kind of personality let me explain:

we are self-centered, intelligent, sharp decision makers, know what we want and when we want it, we act on impulse, we think in the present rather than the future (this is why i think people interested in dentistry for the dough won't really like it - if that's the only reason), we know how to get the best out of people, we are naturally gifted at making people feel better about themselves, people respect us even if we don't open our mouths to speak - something about 'us guys' that has the 'respect factor', we are decisive.

THE list obviously goes on and on...but overall -

I think dentistry attracts people of a certain kind of personality

or it could be peoples personality that is attracted to dentistry

ONE THING IS FOR SURE - ONE THING INFLUENCES THE OTHER!

IF YOUR IN IT FOR THE MONEY - I WOULD RECONSIDER YOUR FUTURE ENDEVOURS!

Members don't see this ad.

ianwright said:
IF YOUR IN IT FOR THE MONEY - BE AWARE!

personally - i think people with an interest in dentisty have a specific kind of personality let me explain:

we are self-centered, intelligent, sharp decision makers, know what we want and when we want it, we act on impulse, we think in the present rather than the future (this is why i think people interested in dentistry for the dough won't really like it - if that's the only reason), we know how to get the best out of people, we are naturally gifted at making people feel better about themselves, people respect us even if we don't open our mouths to speak - something about 'us guys' that has the 'respect factor', we are decisive.

THE list obviously goes on and on...but overall -

I think dentistry attracts people of a certain kind of personality

or it could be peoples personality that is attracted to dentistry

ONE THING IS FOR SURE - ONE THING INFLUENCES THE OTHER!

IF YOUR IN IT FOR THE MONEY - I WOULD RECONSIDER YOUR FUTURE ENDEVOURS!

i agree with you to a certain extent, however, have you finished dental school and are practicing to say what type person "every dentist" is?

Stop making sweeping generalizations for God's sake. Believe me, more than just a few of my classmates are in it for the money.