For my fellow SDN freinds :) DAT done 11/18/08 Yohooooooooooooo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myair

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Firs I want to thank each and every one of you who took time and answered my questions. Those who told me what to read and how to read.

Thank YOU ALL A Big HUG with LOVE for all of you.

I retook DAT for the 3rd time :( yap once in 2006. Again 3-4 months ago.
I did almost the same the first two time and the 2nd time I thought I should have done much better but no I did not. Although I studied a lot more, don't take me wrong. The truth was I believe it became a lot more harder from the year I took it first.
I only used Kaplan the first 2 time which is good but not enough at all.

I am not putting my scores for personal reasons, but I am going to give you all a brake down that I hope it helps you :)

Biol
I only read Kaplan books for the first two time. I did all and every single workshops but it was not complete enough. Then for the 3rd time i read Shamu's, Ap biology and AP biology the 5 extra biol tests that they have. I did not read all the Shamu's I only read the parts that Cliffs AP did not cover good enough like Human body, Muscle, heart, hormones. IT HELPED the tests are very good source it really gave a big boost in biol. I also used Cambel 8th edition book for concepts like Action potential, Mitosis, and other stuff which I needed to put more emphasis on.

Chem.
I read all Kaplan book and done it's tests and workshops and I believe they are good enough. I also read the notes from my teacher because I had a good one in college and his notes were good.

Oganic.
I did the same thing as for chem. and I emphesise on Kaplan Flash Cards and I made some of my own.

Math
Kaplan workshops are good but you have to practice with its tests and do them all because every test teaches you one concept. The truth is if you don't do it you miss out on some quick trick some where.

Reading
I read and read. I am ESL. So I started reading BBC, CNN, National Geographic, news week, the sites that interest me and it really really helped me out. I recommend it to all of you specially ESL ones (like myself).
I read the question and look for answer b/c my passages were too long like 14 paragraph there was no way I could read it. It worked out nicely and to be honest questions were 80% on the consistency with paragraph orders.

PAT:
Hehe for this one kaplan is a joke. You should do it but do not rely on it at all. Buy the crack DAT PAT. It worth the money. If you are short in time buy the 5 test one don't let your stress trick you. Like I bought the 10 tests one and used 3 of it. It is a mistake I recommend the 5 test one specially if you have used kaplan.

okay the last thing is good luck to all of you and I hope my points help some one out there.
Again thank you for your help and guidelines It really helped.
I hope I bring back with good news of getting accepted.

Love myair
ps. sorry for typo's

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
heyy, would you mind posting your scores?

I really want to keep them down, I don't want to lie or brag. So I decided to keep them for me specially b/c I did not make any score more than 21 unlike 90 % of SDN people who apparently do ;)

I really want to keep them down, I don't want to lie or brag. So I decided to keep them for me specially b/c I did not make any score more than 21 unlike 90 % of SDN people who apparently do ;)

It's all good, don't do anything you don't want to.

Congrats and good luck with apps.

Members don't see this ad :)
just because many people on SDN post thier scores, does not mean that it represents much of the population taking the test. If i had to guest, I would say that many of the people posting scores here on SDN are the top 10 or 20%.

Personally, I got an 18AA/19TS and proud of it given the circumstances of when I took the test.

anyway, if you still do not decide to post your scores, good luck and I hope you did as well as you had hoped

Good luck!!!!! I think if you REALLY need to take another DAT exam, you can request the 4th and FINALY time....something like that. Someone correct me if I am wrong

Good luck!!!!! I think if you REALLY need to take another DAT exam, you can request the 4th and FINALY time....something like that. Someone correct me if I am wrong

thank you,

BUT WHY do I need to retake again?????