For NSUCOM Class of 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yah-E

Toof Sniper
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up my fellow NSU Health Professions Division (HPD) classmates! I will join you guys next year at NSU, but on the dental side of things. I have some questions for you guys! How do you feel about taking classes with us and Optometry students? Do you like the interdisciplinary approach? Personally, I look forward to meeting all of you and other health profession students next year in some of our basic science courses and ready to party HPD style! This academic year I took a lot of the basic science courses with AZCOM to get a head start on things and I see that they also integreted their physician assistant students and the medical students together in some of the courses, I enjoyed the atmosphere that creates and the inter-mingle opportunities! Let me know how you guys feel? Also how big is your class? Dental is only 100. :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

I don't mind it at all. I think everybody looks at the same thing in a different way. To get the best perspective it's good to learn from other health professionals.

Plus I enjoy teaching. I've done very well in advanced and basic science courses. If someone in one of the other programs doesn't understand something, I would love to offer my services.

Lastly, If I have questions about my patients teeth or eyes you guys are the people ask.

Probably see you July 29th for orientation.
I might be accepted at an allopathic school in New York. If that happens I won't be going to NOVA. I biggest reason is that it would be $15K less for a New York school.

Good Luck
Have a great day

AK

I will definitely be attending NOVA, and I think it's great to be interacting with other health professional students. I am a firm believer in networking and that the more people you know the better off you are. We also might need some more bodies for a beach football game :wink: . I think that everyone will have something to offer not only in personality, but academically. When it comes time to take pharmacology, I would love to study with some of the pharmD students. I'm all about inclusion, and I'm sure my fellow DO students of the class of 2006 are on the same page.

--Michael

Adam,

Good luck for the NY allopathic school! Another thing, are you sure that your, DO, orientation is on July 29, 2002? That's a Monday? Our, dental school, orientation is on a Thursday, August 8, 2002. There's an all new HPD student picnic on Saturday, August 10, 2002. First day of class for us, dental students, is on Monday, August 12, 2002 (I'd assume that we all would start together on the same day!). That would be odd if you guys, DOs, have your orientation two weeks prior to the first day of class (if it's on July 29th)?

Mike,

Are you a current Wolvernie? I'm from Michigan also! I graduated from Marquette up in the Upper Penisula and have tons of friends that stayed in Michigan for college and went to MSU, Central, and U of M! Yeah, I'm definitely game for a co-ed beach volleyball. Actually, my future roommate(s) and I are looking for properties for rent off the beach around the Las Olas Blvd area. We want to stay off campus and get the WHOLE Fort Lauderdale experience beach style!

I'm glad to see that we all are excited to drive each other crazy starting next year! Did you guys know that our "White Coat" Ceremony is on Sunday, August 11th? Well, at least that's when the "White Coat" Ceremony is for us, dental students, but I'm sure the whole NSU-HPD only has 1 "White Coat" Ceremony!? :cool: