For NYUCD 2010...from an 09 student :D

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Random Hero

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sup everyone. I'm an 2009 NYUCD student heading into D2 this september. With school starting for you boys and girls in a couple of weeks, I thought I'll share some 'pointers' or 'tips'.

First of all, the key of passing is trying. You have to at least try. As long as you try and put in the effort, you'll pass for sure.

With that out of the way, here's the good part. I call it....

How to pass D1 with minimal effort.

Word of advice, this is only good for those who are not interested in specializing. These 'tips' of mine are only good if you're looking for a pass. So if you wanna go for ortho or oral sergeon....getta hell out of this thread.

Here's another kicker who those don't really know much about dentistry.....you don't need to specialize in ortho to give people braces...;)..winkwink

Anyway....here are the tips for the first few weeks of class....

Join the Clubs...the 'ethnic clubs' as some of us call them. KDA (Korean), CSDA (chinese)...and so on.
Basically, you pay them 5-10 bucks and you get a cd of notes and past exams. It's worth every penny. PLEASE BUY YOUR OWN AND DON"T SHARE. It keeps the clubs going and don't be a cheap ass.

With the past notes and old exams.....you CAN pass the class without going to class. ;) Don't expect to get an A though. ;) But you MUST PUT IN THE TIME TO LEARN THE NOTES!!!!!!

Let's just say I know someone who passed everything just by the notes. :D

Another advice from me is to get to know your classmates asap. Don't be shy...if you are...go have a few drinks and you'll get loosen up :D

Your classmates will be you greatest resource and studying tool.

I'll post more 'tips' depending on the number of response. There's no point for me to type all this if no one's gonna read them.

Bye for now :D

Disclaimer: the above listed are just my opinions. If you do decide to follow the above, please be advise that the author holds no responsiblity to outcomes that may differ as stated. Please know that going to class and studying is still the best way to pass and do well in school (D1).

Members don't see this ad.

Nice little read. Any tips on how to study for anatomy? Flash cards help?

please post more, :thumbup: I 'd like to know more about NYU, kick out a lot students?? since it is large class, does professor careless about individual student....etc.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
how many ethnic clubs are there that are worth joining? besides the two you mentioned already..

have you enjoyed your experience at NYU so far?

i'm applying ot NYU and is one of my top choices at this point, i just sent in the fees how long till they respond?

Also since youve been around the block at NYU what do you think of my chances i'm from cali, 3.5 cum gpa, and 3.3 sci with dat 17/20/17 i got a 14 in qr and 15 in rc. Any chance? thnks

is there a caucasian student association type club there? or are all white people screwed

Yeyyy said:
is there a caucasian student association type club there? or are all white people screwed

you don't have to be chinese/korean to join their clubs