? For Pathologist (Residents)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Path2B

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, This is "H2Oasis"! I could not sign in under this name so I decided to change my "User Name".
Anyway, I have a question for you guys. I have seen that some programs change their's subspecialties that they offer.
For example; Case western/OHIO Path Program said (In Green Book) we have only Neuropathology Subspecialty but if you search on Freida you will see Cytopatho, Hempath and even last year they said they have Dermathopath!!
Do you think they have all these subspecialties , but they offer only one or two of them each year depend on ...many other factors? Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

It may depend on what staff they have leave or the ones they add. Freida is sometime not very accurate. Many programs do not update it regularly. The best bet is to contact each program you are interested in directly. They will all have some sort of residency coordinator who could tell you or contact the chief residents. Most programs have web pages too that may have the info you are looking for. I imagine many programs will be trying to add fellowships over the next few years now that they will be losing thier 5th years. My program for instance is in the process of adding a Heme and Derm fellowship. And, we offer a general surgical path fellowship now that really is not shown on any documentation.