For People Who Can Reason !!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xDent09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
GREETINGS
This is a very unique situation that needs a person with experions to answer:

starting on Fall of 2007 I was register to take 13 cridets as usuall, then I was down with an apenix surgery that neiled me with an allergic reaction, I had to drop a class that required attendence, ended up with 10 cridets, The other problem is that I work 3 jobs taking care for my mom and dad, and I had no help from no one, my parents insisted for me to get married, which I did. I then after 3 weeks was on another surgery for Hornia/Varicocell, and I only took a class last semester with 3 jobs, however the good thing I did alot of dental work/ shadowing with 4 dentists. Now I am planning to take my DAT mid july, and my application is already in, which by the way I did one year of National community service with AmeriCorps.

I applied last year and was rejected for the 6 schools I applied because I really took the DAT without studing and ended up with 15/17/15.

So my question, TO BAD I DID NOT MENTION THIS IN MY PERSONAL STATMENT, I THOUGHT THAT WILL BE AGAINST ME. The way i thought is that they dont like a person who had surgeries etc. OR since i did not mention it in my PS, should I write another separate letter to each school or just dont say anything. Some people might say to say it in the interview if asked, well im scared that they dont even consider me for the interview bc of the part tims??

please help!! GOd bless all of you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

The 2 surgeries are probably the least of your problems.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's tough having your family to depend on you. A lot of people who are fresh out of college are not quite ready to provide for somebody else. I'm sorry it came out to this in your life. What is your GPA? You definitely have to retake the DAT. Maybe you can turn this whole experience into something positive for your personal statement. People who are in position to provide for others tend to have a more mature outlook. If anything this experience should have matured you. Your health is the first priority because lousy grades can be remedied however painful the remedy may be. Don't exclude this because if it shows in the transcripts it may be taken as lying or something fishy going on. It can show in Ws lack luster grades at certain stretches. It was a bad move on your part not to have mentioned it. People should have transcripts right beside them when writing the PS for consistency.

Last edited:
This is a joke right? I think a dentest should no how to speel

GREETINGS

starting on Fall of 2007 I was register to take 13 cridets as usuall, then I was down with an apenix surgery that neiled me with an allergic reaction, I had to drop a class that required attendence, ended up with 10 cridets, The other problem is that I work 3 jobs taking care for my mom and dad, and I had no help from no one, my parents insisted for me to get married, which I did. I then after 3 weeks was on another surgery for Hornia/Varicocell, and I only took a class last semester with 3 jobs, however the good thing I did alot of dental work/ shadowing with 4 dentists. Now I am planning to take my DAT mid july, and my application is already in, which by the way I did one year of National community service with AmeriCorps.

I applied last year and was rejected for the 6 schools I applied because I really took the DAT without studing and ended up with 15/17/15.

So my question, TO BAD I DID NOT MENTION THIS IN MY PERSONAL STATMENT, I THOUGHT THAT WILL BE AGAINST ME. The way i thought is that they dont like a person who had surgeries etc. OR since i did not mention it in my PS, should I write another separate letter to each school or just dont say anything. Some people might say to say it in the interview if asked, well im scared that they dont even consider me for the interview bc of the part tims??

I think you're going to have a very challenging time getting into dental school, despite your unfortunate situation. Good luck to you.

Why would anyone take the DAT without studying?

GREETINGS

Not really sure if anyone can "help" you. The best way to help yourself is to purchase DAT review materials, and putting in time to sift through it. As human beings, the people reading your essay might feel bad for you but they will probably still toss your application in the rejection pile all the same - it's still a competitive process. You need to help yourself and not bank on their feeling sorry for you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::D
Nicely done!!

GREETINGS