docjae

7+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I have 3.46 for both oGPA and sGPA.

I am giong to submit my apps mid June right after cycle opens, but planning to take DATs in mid July.

My target schools are: Tufts, UMDNJ, NYU, boston, Temple, Pittsburgh.

What scores do you guys think I need on DATs to get accepted to these schools?

Tufts, UMDNJ and NYU are my top choices..

(also I have about 700+ hours of dental assistant experience but no research experience)

Thanks!

ddsshin

10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2006
Status
Dental Student
I had about the same GPA as you have. It is somewhat average I believe. I did rock the DAT and got accepted to NYU. Make sure to apply early because if you don't you would probably end up with waiting list which will test your patience.

docjae

7+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I had about the same GPA as you have. It is somewhat average I believe. I did rock the DAT and got accepted to NYU. Make sure to apply early because if you don't you would probably end up with waiting list which will test your patience.
oh wow... i just checked out your predent info.. you have amazing DAT scores..
did you get accepted to any other schools?

Do you think taking DAT (as I mentioned above) in mid July be too late?
Also, I am aiming to get 20's for TS section..
Do you think that will be enough to get me into NYU or Tufts?

AllIn4Dental

5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental, Pharmacy Student
Make sure to apply early because if you don't you would probably end up with waiting list which will test your patience.

Just wondering if you have prior experience of this before, and if so, where ...

baseballjunkie

5+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2009
WA
Status
Dentist
Of the schools you're applying to I was accepted to Tufts and Pitt. (I didn't apply to the other ones)

My GPAs were: sGPA-3.49 oGPA-3.64
DAT: 20TS, 21AA, 21PAT, 23OCHEM, 20QR, 18BIO, 21GCHEM, 21RC

The Adcoms aren't looking just at GPA/DAT scores. As long as the GPA and DAT scores are good/decent...you'll be just fine to get in. Also, one of the best things you can do is volunteer service or something that will set you apart from other candidates, even it's something simple like organizing volunteers to make dinner at a local mission. It shows leadership and a willingness to be involved in the community.

My best advice is to apply early and have everything in by the end of June/early July.