For people who took the MCAT's for the first time this August....

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Carleton College kid, Aug 24, 2001.

1. Carleton College kid

For people who took the MCAT's for the first time? Should we be in a hurry to complete our secondaries??? The colleges don't look at our files before the get the MCAT scores..right?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member

I'm hurrying. Maybe I'm just compulsive, but I want everything to be there the minute they get the MCAT scores. (Of course, who knows when that will be, with AMCAS in charge of sending the scores!) Plus I have more time now than I will later.

4. jdub

jdub Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    cck,

smw has a point, you should really try and have all secondaries in so that your med schools are just waiting for your mcat scores. i won't kill yourself to get them in, but i wouldn't let them sit around for a long time either, who knows, maybe by getting them in early you show more desire?

august mcat puts one behind the 8-ball enough, don't make the mistake of completing your applications too late.

best of luck!

5. Carleton College kid

Thanks for the advice. I am going to try and finish some secondaries tonight.