for PM&R/pain folks - drop PM&R certification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ctts

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious to know if any of you who are boarded in both, are thinking to just keep Pain certification and drop PM&R certification?

I am in private practice. I would like to keep both, I suppose in case my job situation ever changes. At this time, I don't really need my PM&R certification. Haven't decided yet...

Members don't see this ad.

Dropped mine last year and just kept pain, never plan on having a job again which would require PMR certification

I'm keeping mine...just in case if in the "new world order" they resurrect physiatrists to certify the Legions of Deplorable's as "work worthy" I'll have some street cred...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea on the likelihood of that Steve?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm keeping mine...just in case if in the "new world order" they resurrect physiatrists to certify the Legions of Deplorable's as "work worthy" I'll have some street cred...
Or maybe you can write medical blog for Breibart

I thought you had to maintain primary PMR certification in order to be board cert in pain

I thought you had to maintain primary PMR certification in order to be board cert in pain

Nope.
85e2be2865376e4a0ee304aa5047992f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile