? for RSXer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sadeqq

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, i saw you received an interview from U. Mich. Just wondering when you got the invite and when the interview is?

thanks

si

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there,

Yeah, I received the letter like the day before I posted it in the Interview List thread. (Sorry....to lazy to check and too busy to remember exactly when the letter came in).

And I don't remember the exact dates . They gave me the choice of 2 dates. (I believe one was late October and the other was early November) The interview packet also came with a CD-Rom! Undoubtedly filled with flashy pictures and audio of why we should go to U Mich. I haven't checked it out yet.

So in short, I have no answers to your questions ;) I'll check back when I get home tonight.

Well, I can't believe I remembered to check this out tonight. Anyway, the interview packet was postmarked 9/19. I think I received it on Monday 9/23. The interview date choices were Friday Oct 25 and Friday Nov. 1

It seems like U Mich has a very organizd interview program. It seems like they are really focused on the financial side of things. THey attached an estimated budget for each year. In addition, they have put together a Financial AId Form for you to complete and send back to the school PRIOR to your interview. This is so that they can give you a TENTATIVE fincial aid packet on the interview date. That's kinda cool. Interview day runs from 9-2pm.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks RSXer--

Just to let you know how the Michigan interview will go......

I know a few pepole on the admissions committee......and here is what the interview is like @ Michigan.......

Well each interview they have like 15-30 applicants there..... up on the 7th floor there is a faculty lounge, it's nice up there, great view of the surrounding area...... anyways....... you just have lunch as a group, all the applicants and the people on the admissions commitee.... so you just eat together and chitchat, then one of the admissions people will approach you and introduce themself........ and you guys go to the side or a corner of the room, they talk to you for like 5-10 minutes, and that's it! it's real laid back and the people there are cool.

I know all this becasue I was in one of those pre-dental summer enrichment programs this past summer, so i was around the school and the faculty and got to know them for 6 weeks while i was in ann arbor. Hope you get Dr. Ester, he's a REAL nice man.

Goodluck, perhaps I will see you there.

IF you have any questions about the school or the city or anything, ask, becasue like i said i was there for 6 weeks so i know how everything works.

si

Hi Sadeqq

I have a U of Michigan interview coming up. I have a few questions about the school. I 'll be arrived at DTW 6 at the morning few hours before the interview and leave for LA after the interview. Do you have any transportaion suggestion. I think it is not that hard to get to the school, but how do I get back to airport from the school ?

Also, what do you think about the school? What are there strengths?

thanks