For Sarena

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

E'01

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Missy,

I would had emailed you but I put my computer in the shop for a drive installation (3 weeks later they called me today to say that the computer is completely broken and won't work!!!) It was fine when I put it in! Anyway no this is not what I wanted to tell you...did you get your mmep eval? I did yesterday and was wondering if it automatically got sent to the Yale admissions office. Would you by any chance know?

Talk to you soon :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Back At Ya!!

I feel sooooo important having post directed just to little ol' me. When we were there, Natasha and I asked the same question to Linda. She said then that they get a list of all the MMEP students that applied to Yale and then Dr. Lee sent a letter of recommendation to the admissions office based on our evaluations. Apparently, he only does letters of recommendation to the top students based on the eval. She did suggest, however, that we call and request a letter of recommendation so that it can be sent right away. The number to the Office of Multicultural Affairs is (203) 737-5507 in case you don't have it.

I received mine yesterday and it was really good except for my post MCAT score which I never finished because I left after lunch to go running around with Linda. I hope that is not included. I had already seen Brenda's evaluation of course but Andre gave me a really good eval as well.

Good to hear from you as always.

Take care.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for writing back! How was Natasha?? Oh I miss you guys - remember our swimming adventure? I still have to laugh :) Oh man...my post mcat score was terrible. I never studied obviously and just wanted to get out of there that day like crazy. Oh yeah, how were we graded in Wolenski's class? Was the grade just based on the final? I think they by accidend switched my score with Nelson's class.

sorry to keep on bothering you... I guess I can kiss Yale goodbye...I got a 92 and a 65 in that bio course..and I have no energy left to find out what happened to that second grade. All I can remember is that my priority this summer was to get all those secondaries out. The evals by Darrell and Brenda were really good though. So does Dr. Lee decide on writing a rec based on the grades/eval or both? I guess I'll have to settle for going to Harvard instead :D Keep me in your memories when you are roaming the halls of Harkness and the quad with your other classmates!!! *Sob* :(

Oh now you don't. You won't get off that easy. I'm depending on you to help me through this whole med school ordeal as we study late nights in Marigold's or the Library (by the way, where was the library again). And don't forget the fact that we have to boogie down doing our impression of line dancers.

I believe it is based soley on the evaulations and not the test grades. Many times Andre and Linda said that the test scores do not count they are just for our own information.

God bless your little heart! I needed the consoling...it's soooooooooooo depressing not receivng an interview from them! ohh did you see hmm what's her name at the interview...Terry? She was in the Biostep program this summer. So how was the interview????

PS No you didn't forget where the library was. LOL. :)

Sorry to confuse you. I was referring to a conversation I had with Linda when we were in MMEP. I haven't been back for my interview yet :( I did speak to Richard Silverman last Tuesday and he apologized for the delay in scheduling my interview (what???) but stated that things were taking longer than they expected because of the AMCAS problems and some of my rec letters came in late. I expect to hear from them this week. Linda said I will be interviewing with Dr. Lee and Dean Angoff (according to Dr. Lee).

I know how you feel. I was beginning to get really nervous when I started seeing all the posts for people with interviews at Yale. He did say that with the delays, the interview invite will probably come by e-mail. So keep checking that e-mail. We will both be there. I'm proud of all the interviews you are getting. You go get em girl.

Oh, By the way.. 250 posts! I'm still working on becoming a senior member. Oh soo little time.

250? It just means that I have a pretty bad social life. :)

Just wanted to butt in on a thread i had no reason to. Have a nice day. --Trek