1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

for single students, do you feel you've received form attention from females?

Discussion in 'Dental' started by Smooth Operater, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Smooth Operater

Smooth Operater don't bug "operatEr"!
    5+ Year Member

for single dental students, do you feel you've received more attention from females when they find out that you are going to become a dentist? Or is the attraction factor is same ?

2. armorshell

armorshell One Man Freak Show
    Physician Dentist Moderator Emeritus Verified Expert 10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Dude. Dude...

If you're getting more attention from girls because you tell them you're going to be a dentist, those aren't the kind of girls you want to be messing around with.

3. 12YearOldKid

5+ Year Member

Dentist
    :laugh: :laugh: I haven't been on the dating scene in a long time but my guess is that will get you about as much play as telling them you are a level 7 dungeon master.

4. darius99

darius99 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    yea well actually i would prefer that they thought going to dental school meant i was nerdy... because when i tell people i am gonna go to dental school, they think it is to be an assistant or hygienist, and most people seem to think its a 2 year school :rolleyes: they are surprised when i tell them how it's very similar to medical school. and this isnt one or two people, its at least half the people i have told!

5. DDYESS

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

Everyone knows you wont start getting ladies until your at least a double digits level dungeon master..... Chicks love that stuff, especially when you correct them on the difference between a barbarian and a warrior....

That is seriously hysterical tho....... im dying here.......:laugh:

6. purduephigam

purduephigam SuPurdueper Member
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Another wonderful post by the one and only Smooth Operator. Based on your past posts, I would hope that you're not asking people this question so that you can actually "play that card" out there in the field.

"Excuse me bartender, you're hot. And by the way, I'm going to dental school. Wanna hook up?"

7. aphistis

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician, Dentist
    :laugh:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. soswank

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    you are too funny!

9. OceanBlue

OceanBlue HA! I knew it.
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    not even if you only want a one night stand?:(
    :laugh::laugh:

I roll without the need of being a dentist:thumbup:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. OceanBlue

OceanBlue HA! I knew it.
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    tried it once (just to see how it works)....only once...it got things moving a bit faster. However, I'm going to go with armorshell on this one. lol

11. shortset

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Hilarious

12. diane07

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Are you for real?

Or desperate or something?

In all seriousness, if you want a quality girl then you'd want her to care about you as a person - not just concerned with what your career is.

If you're just trying to hook up, sorry . . . but most people don't automatically think of dentistry as a "sexy" profession. It's more associated with soccer moms in mini vans needing to take their kids to the dentist.

Not saying dentistry isn't respected, but if you're in a bar . . . probably want to come up with something else to show case your charms :laugh:

13. armorshell

Non-Student
    If that's the case just make something up, you can do a lot better then dentist in that case.

Test pilot, trauma surgeon, volunteer firefighter, really anything where you run in slow motion on TV works.

Or you could just go with the best pickup line ever:

"Excuse me, do any of you ladies like free drinks?"

14. PChemGrad

PChemGrad I am a banana.
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I like that Armorshell

I think it would really work when your a dentist, since you will have some disposable income, especially with no woman or kids sucking your money from you.

15. HermeytheElf

HermeytheElf Guest

Pre-Dental
    High five.

16. jackbauer!

jackbauer! Guest

Dental Student
    Great success.

17. bruinpredent

bruinpredent UCLA School of Dentistry
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Dzienkuje

sorry, i couldn't resist...

18. t2thDr14

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i think in the few times that guys have found out that i'm goin' to dental school, they've gotten quiet... like they're intimidated.

BUT, if the other guy's pre-dental too, it just turns into this lively discussion. somehow there's a special bond that forms between teethy people =).

19. docj1

docj1 Walleye Whacker
    2+ Year Member

Dentist
    "Excuse me, do any of you ladies like free drinks?"[/quote]
    This can work famously. But remember try to get one of the pretty ones early, otherwise you may go to bed at 2 with 10 and wake up at 10 with a 2.:laugh:

20. armorshell

Non-Student
    You should have seen the look on my face the first time I said that...I couldn't believe it worked

21. JohnDoeDDS

JohnDoeDDS Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

This can work famously. But remember try to get one of the pretty ones early, otherwise you may go to bed at 2 with 10 and wake up at 10 with a 2.:laugh:[/QUOTE]

LOL.

I think George Carlin said it best:
    "I never f*cked a 10, but in one night I f*cked 5 2s... That's gotta count for something!"

22. prez_al

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Operater (yes I used an E instead of an O)... I'm assuming you're asian from your previous posts. You can probably use the dentist thing to lure in ASIAN girls because they typically are taught to be golddiggers. Just food for thought. *If a girl goes after you because of status, you should do the decent thing and stay the hell away :p

23. IcemanDDS

IcemanDDS Dr of Dental Shadowing
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Well typically, when a girl asks what I do, I say I'm applying to dental school, etc etc. If I just tell them I'm a starving student looking for a job, there ain't much of a chance I'm going anywhere with her. I know you should find a girl that cares about you for you, blah blah blah. But most are looking for some kind of financial security, ability to provide, and all that. So even the nicest girls have to look out for those things.