For step 2, how useful are kaplan books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shookas

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used Kaplan books and qbank for step 1 and did well. For those of you who sat for step 2, did you find kaplan a good source of studying? I plan on using additional books, either B&W, First Aid, etc. Just wanted a thread on the Kaplan books, before I go out and spend the money.

Thanks!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Shookas said:
I used Kaplan books and qbank for step 1 and did well. For those of you who sat for step 2, did you find kaplan a good source of studying? I plan on using additional books, either B&W, First Aid, etc. Just wanted a thread on the Kaplan books, before I go out and spend the money.

Thanks!! :)

It is entirely possible to do quite well just using USMLEWorld or Kaplan qbank and reading either one of the many review books like First Aid, Crush, or Secrets. The only advantage of kaplan would be if you have graduated a long time ago and have not been on the clerkships in a long time.

inositide said:
It is entirely possible to do quite well just using USMLEWorld or Kaplan qbank and reading either one of the many review books like First Aid, Crush, or Secrets. The only advantage of kaplan would be if you have graduated a long time ago and have not been on the clerkships in a long time.

Thanks Inositude!! I think I'll pass on spending the cash..
Sh