for TCOM students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kendall

as usual
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has any stats on average GPA/MCAT for out of state acceptances. i have recently been looking at TCOM and am very interested. my scores are competitive i think, and i have a ton of healthcare and research experience, but i am from kentucky (just graduated from UK thursday). any help would be greatly appreciated. thanx!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
outtacyte- a really great cell

Members don't see this ad.

anyone
anyone

what? no tcomers out there?:(

For some reason very few TCOM students use SDN.

I went through the admissions process a few years ago so I'm not that up to date on the current trends. My class only has one or two out of state students so I think it is quite hard to gain acceptance without residence. However, the good news is that the students in my class who are from out of state, while very good medical students, didn't have stellar numbers when applying. Texas law states that up to ten percent of the student body can be non residents. I think if your numbers are above the average for TCOM-- 27 MCAT and 3.5 GPA--then I would say you have a decent shot at being accepted. I would definitely apply early to increase your chances. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't suppose tcom will help on transportation if you are coming from out of state....??

Do you know if the males wore a traditional suite to the interview or can I ditch the long sleeve jacket?

thanx

The admissions office should find you a place to stay but I don't believe they assist students financially with their travel plans. I've never heard of a medical school providing such a service to prospective students. Definitely go with the full suit and tie, including jacket. If you dress down from that standard then you'll stick out. Good luck.