For the folks that have taken the 2013 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fingerscrossedd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats on being done with the exam, first off!

Just wanted to check if the consensus out there of orgo being gradually de-emphasized on the exam held true or proved inaccurate this year. The vibe seems to be that there is an increasing genetics/renal/bio emphasis in lieu of hardcore orgo material.

True/false?

Thanks! :love::love::love:

Members don't see this ad.

Just wanted to check if the consensus out there of orgo being gradually de-emphasized on the exam held true or proved inaccurate this year. The vibe seems to be that there is an increasing genetics/renal/bio emphasis in lieu of hardcore orgo material.

True/false?

While it might be true that organic chem is being less emphasized, I wouldn't bank on anything. You never know what's going to be tested more heavily than others, and as such, I would make your study very broad to cover all possible subjects. Also, if you have every subject down, there will be no surprises on your exam and your confidence will help you get the high scores. Good luck!

True/false?

I had not heard about an increased focus on Renal Physio?? Anyone else hear that? random

without going into specific details of my 3/23 exam your vibe is a bit off. I'm not saying any more because they seem to be cracking down on people - see 4/4 thread. Like the other guy said don't bank on anything because anything and everything on that syllabus is fair game, and you don't want to be caught with your mcat pants down