For the Hail Mary passes that were missed,dropped, and fumbled....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vxds11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Vex here. First time post and during "Finals" and football season for the sports fans. Have any of you had a semester where you were teetering on a more "desirable" grade i.e. A,B and because your final exam weighed so much, it determined the outcome in the end? Just had a semester like that, and it was a roller coaster of a ride. My Mid-term grade for Physics I was an F! :eek: and still pulled off a solid B in the class. Went into my Chem I final yesterday with a 81.2% and dropped the Hail Mary pass :laugh: and came out with an 75.8% final grade. It's daunting to think I have take Chem I again next summer, but it will be with the same Prof. who is excellent. Please share your stories if you have any, and how you dealt with it in the end....:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Physics 1 for me. Could have pulled out an A- if I killed the final but I'll end up getting a B. Really hurts my sgpa more than anything. Now I'm pretty stressed about it because I need to score pretty high on my MCAT to feel confident about applying.

Online health sciences class... Misread deadline as 12 midnight, it was 12 noon.

Missed a paper deadline, the last section test, and the final. Had a 99.8% that morning and a 77% when noon hit.

Beat that ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Physics 1 for me. Could have pulled out an A- if I killed the final but I'll end up getting a B. Really hurts my sgpa more than anything. Now I'm pretty stressed about it because I need to score pretty high on my MCAT to feel confident about applying.
Ouch! The main reason I pulled off a B from an F was because our Prof replaces your lowest exam grade with the Final exam grade. If your're thinking about the DO route, maybe the grade replacement can pull you up if you have the time/resources to do so.

Online health sciences class... Misread deadline as 12 midnight, it was 12 noon.

Missed a paper deadline, the last section test, and the final. Had a 99.8% that morning and a 77% when noon hit.

Beat that ;)

This is what happens when you have a million things going on [ In your head ] and BAM, this happens. I feel your pain. This has to be one of the worse I've heard yet. Going down 1 or 2 letter grade(s) in the span of 2 hours is the worst....

I went into o-Chem I thinking a B or B+ would be enough to keep me happy, but after doing really well on the first mid term the taste of the A was in my mouth. The 2nd mid term was not as good. It the A was till within fairly easy reach with a solid final exam but life conspired and I wasn't able to prep as well as I hoped. Ended up with an A-, still happy but a bit disappointed to have let it slip away.