PhD/PsyD For the love all things good and pure, can someone please review my personal statement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychSupreme

Ph.D. Student | M.A. Clinical Psychology
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm spiraling. I've written a half dozen or more versions of my personal statement and sent them off to all of my trusted mentors and confidants and I continue to get mixed, contradictory feedback. I've finally narrowed it down to two versions but my feedback is literally split 50/50, down-the-middle on which version is preferable, with strong opinions that the preferred version is "awesome" and the other version is not. So I'm done trying to get feedback from the same people and find a "middle-of-the-road" version which pleases everyone. Would anyone here be willing to give my two versions a skim and advise? If so, I'd prefer to DM someone directly with a link to a Google doc so I can leave in my personal stuff without having to heavily redact them. This is for clinical psychology PhD applications.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Happy to try to read it. Message me for my email.

Reactions: 1 user
With much love, don't lose sight of big picture - this process is just as much about finding the correct fit for you and the program as it is about getting accepted.

"I do my thing and you do your thing. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, And you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I; If by chance we find each other, it's beautiful."

You are interviewing them and they are interviewing you. You are screening them and they are screening you. If you match - that's the optimal situation. That's not say you don't want to over share or sabotage yourself.

Which one is more you? Who do you trust more in feedback? Which mentors/supes have your best interests in mind - I'd listen to them.

Reactions: 4 users
Happy to read and give some feedback as well, feel free to dm.

Reactions: 1 users