For the short girls...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

svwtyf

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This question is for all the short/petite girls...Where's a good place to buy suits for interviews? I'm barely 5" and really want a good. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

svwtyf said:
This question is for all the short/petite girls...Where's a good place to buy suits for interviews? I'm barely 5" and really want a good. Thanks!!

I haven't bought any suits, but I've been browsing for the near future :) Ann Taylor Loft has nice suits, for petites too! (And, I would think they are reasonably priced. Less expensive than Ann Taylor). I would also check out Banana Republic petites as well. Just throwing out some ideas!

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't mean to rain on your parade but before I spend money on an Armani suit, I think I'd like to guarantee myself an interview...but it never hurts to be confident! hyuck hyuck hyuck... :)

dexadental said:
Don't mean to rain on your parade but before I spend money on an Armani suit, I think I'd like to guarantee myself an interview...but it never hurts to be confident! hyuck hyuck hyuck... :)

Hey, just trying to be helpful. She said, "Where's a good place to buy suits for interviews? I'm barely 5" and really want a GOOD [suit]".

I just assumed price was no problem.

My wife really likes Marshals - sometimes you can find very good name brand suits for less :D

I concur.

One day, may I have the chance to be granted an interview! :eek:

I'm 4'10".

Good places = Petite Sophisticate and Casual Corner

petite section @ macy's or any other department stores. You don't want to spend too much on a suit, unless you have the bucks and the desire to dress to impress. i'm a guy & i got a nice ralphs lauren suit for ~$150 at macy's last august for my interiew.

btw, if you're barely 5', how do you have the strength to extract teeth?? :laugh: jk :p

BTW, do we have to tie a necktie?
And what color of suit do you recommend?
I have only black one. Black is OK?

Maxtor said:
BTW, do we have to tie a necktie?
And what color of suit do you recommend?
I have only black one. Black is OK?

Yes, if male, wear a tie. A Navy Blue suit is ideal for interviews, but black and grey are also excellent choices. Light colored suits are of course acceptable, but dark is better.

svwtyf said:

You're barely 5 inches? Wow, you're going to have some problems finding anything that fits! I think Mattel, the makers of Barbie, might be a good place to start.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my suit at Nordstrom...they do free alterations so they make it perfect for your height/width :)

IWuvTeef said:
I'm 4'10".

Good places = Petite Sophisticate and Casual Corner

Petite Sophisticate/Causal Corner or Ann Taylor are all good suit places for us shorties.

svwtyf said:

Def. Ann Taylor. That is where I got mine. Since they have a petite section you can def. find ones that fit!

i'm barely 5 feet too, isn't it a pain sometimes :) i got my suit at talbot's petite.

WoW, there's a lot of short girls...I'm 5'0! Looks like I'll know where to go shopping so that I won't have to get any alterations done.

I'm 4'11" and bought my suit at Ann Taylor. I STILL had to get it altered! :oops:

svwtyf said:
Def. Petite Sophisticate. Ann Taylor is still too long. And just FYI, if/when you need to buy scrubs, try Dickies petite pants--fit like a glove!

http://www.allheart.com/dickiesscrubs.html

Jcrew makes great petite suits. Go for the wool 110's.

Wow, now I don't think I'll be the only shortie in dental school. I'm barely 5'0" too, and I actually bought my suit for interviews at Express...Size "0", length "Short".

I checked out Anne Taylor and Petite Sophisticate too, but Express was a little less pricey and the suits seemed cuter. I'm not sure what their suit selection is like this year, but check it out...ya never know. :)

Yeah, now I just hope I can get some scrubs that fit! :rolleyes:

Irene010 said:
Wow, now I don't think I'll be the only shortie in dental school. I'm barely 5'0" too, and I actually bought my suit for interviews at Express...Size "0", length "Short".

I checked out Anne Taylor and Petite Sophisticate too, but Express was a little less pricey and the suits seemed cuter. I'm not sure what their suit selection is like this year, but check it out...ya never know. :)

Yeah, now I just hope I can get some scrubs that fit! :rolleyes:

I have an Express suit from a couple of years ago...but sadly enough I "grew" out of it (wider that is). I loved that thing though, material, fit, etc. was great.

hi all,

i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for where to find a suit for someone who is short 5'1'' and slightly chubby. i had a suit, but its gone a little too tight

thanks

Go naked. You'll probably get in.