Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

For those accepted...Christmas?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by maphilips, Nov 12, 2001.

1. maphilips

maphilips Member
    7+ Year Member

So what is everyone asking for Christmas this year? Stethoscopes, usmle help programs, books, dress clothes, money? I just realized that I could use a whole bunch of cool stuff this year that would help out. Anyone else already planning out what they want or need? Just thought it would be interesting to hear some ideas you sdners have thought of, or to give ideas to those of us who are still thinking.

Good luck to all!!!

Mark :) :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. KyGrlDr2B

7+ Year Member

I'm asking for things for my new apartment. right now I have a roommate and I'll be moving 2 hours away and living by myself. I'm going to ask for the things I don't have already. :)

3. Sir William Osler

Sir William Osler Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

definitely nothing medical for christmas. What about a new fishing rod? or maybe just some cash to resupply the bank account with! anyone with me on that one :) . I am really anxious for Christmas. I cant remember a time when I was not more ready to go home with the family and be a lazy slow. I plan to 1. eat 2. sleep 3. watch football 4. eat 5. sleep again

:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. E'01

E'01 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Mum & Dad: tuition money please!
    Sis: 99cent Harvard bumper sticker
    Bro: He never gets me anything, so no need to ask
    Relatives: Please it's okay to give nothing (I'm sort of tired of donating the ill-fitted $4.99 tops/outfits from liquidators to the thrift store after X-mas).

So what do I really want? With all that's going on in the world, I just want to feel comfortable in knowing that my family is heathy and okay and make it to medical school alive next year!

5. Coalboy

Coalboy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm planning on getting myself a nice brand-spanking new Compaq iPaq handheld (like a Palm Pilot). My birthday is on Sunday....perhaps I should wait. Anyone want to send me a birthday present? :)

6. Coalboy

Coalboy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I got a nice Littman stethoscope last Christmas, but I've hardly used it. I'm afraid to take it with me on the Ambulance, cause I'd probably lose it on an accident scene, someone's house, etc. Kind of defeats the purpose, I suppose.

7. UCMonkey

UCMonkey Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think my folks and I have already decided that my major gift is going to be a new interview suit, which I think I'll actually get over Thanksgiving break, since I may need it before Christmas (fingers crossed). Other than that, I think I'll probably ask my brother for some new CDs since he works at a music store, and I'll get a little $$$ from the rest of the family. I think all the medical stuff will comelater, once I actually get accepted.

8. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm asking for a new stereo, if I'm going to be studying my a$$ off, I might as well have some way of listening to the tunes. I got a suit last year for job interviews and luggage for graduation. The laptop is coming when I know what I'll need for med school :)