scoops418

Proud Member of 4d
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2004
81
0
Status
For the people out there who are planning on matriculating at AECOM this summer, have you already made the necessary housing arrangements? On the website, it says housing is assigned on a first come first serve basis so I am wondering if I should go ahead and contact them now. Please let me know!
 
5

51487

I haven't made housing arrangements yet...I figure that they'll send out an email or letter when it comes time to do a deposit and pick arrangements and all of that....I actually just got that lovely letter from NYU in the mail...I've got to figure out where I'm going!!!
 

oniwindu

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2004
146
0
Status
On a similar note, has anyone gotten notice of any fin aid forms that we need to fill out? I looked through their fin aid website and it indicates that they want FAFSA, Profile, and the applicant's tax information.

No info on when we should have all of these completed by. I'm also wondering whether they want us to send them our parent's 1040 and schedules, since on the website, it says that they consider all applicants "independent" (which I am, anyway). Just wondering if I missed some notices from AECOM or not. If not, I will contact them soon with these questions.

Side note: did anyone sign up for that email list for that big bro/sis type-thing? How is that working out?

Thanks and good luck to all.
 

Uegis

1 Down 3 To Go
10+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2004
1,161
0
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
oniwindu said:
On a similar note, has anyone gotten notice of any fin aid forms that we need to fill out? I looked through their fin aid website and it indicates that they want FAFSA, Profile, and the applicant's tax information.

No info on when we should have all of these completed by. I'm also wondering whether they want us to send them our parent's 1040 and schedules, since on the website, it says that they consider all applicants "independent" (which I am, anyway). Just wondering if I missed some notices from AECOM or not. If not, I will contact them soon with these questions.

Side note: did anyone sign up for that email list for that big bro/sis type-thing? How is that working out?

Thanks and good luck to all.
I was wondering the same thing. There is a supplemental form that we need to fill out, but I can't find anything it. No fin aid info or housing info was given during the interview day. Any ideas?
 

passthesashimi

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2004
392
2
Status
Resident [Any Field]
its still kind of early in the process guys :\. i'm sure there will be enough space for the ~180 ppl or so per year.. there are 3 apartments there right?
 

Rendar5

15+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2003
7,007
634
Florida
Status
Attending Physician
hi guys. I'm an einstein MS1, so just came by to give u some info (hey uegis).

don't worry about housing yet. Just fill out the forms when they send them to you and don't wait until August. everyone gets housing, but a couple people had to move around a bit cause they were late. but mostly late wait-list acceptances.

studio - don't bother, this is for couples.
1- bedroom = 2 people, slightly bigger rooms, no living room space left after partition put in for 2nd room, $320/mo
2- bedroom = 3 people, slightly smaller rooms, living room space even after partition is put in for 3rd room, $280/mo

any other questions?
 

tgifbos

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2002
37
0
Visit site
Status
Electricity, gas and Internet are included in the rent.
If you are a couple (w/o children) sign up on the waiting list for a 1 bedroom as soon as possible (it could mean waiting an extra year for a bedroom if you signup late). Even if you are not married, sign up for the 1 bedroom waiting list just in case you do get married down the road :)
 

Uegis

1 Down 3 To Go
10+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2004
1,161
0
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
tgifbos said:
Electricity, gas and Internet are included in the rent.
If you are a couple (w/o children) sign up on the waiting list for a 1 bedroom as soon as possible (it could mean waiting an extra year for a bedroom if you signup late). Even if you are not married, sign up for the 1 bedroom waiting list just in case you do get married down the road :)
Is it broadband internet?

BTW, I just got a financial aid forms letter from AECOM. Awesome.

And as always, thanks Rendar5 for all the helpful information. Been in contact with my Uncle Albert about some stuff already. But I had one more question. How are roommates assigned? Randomly?
 

passthesashimi

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2004
392
2
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Uegis said:
Is it broadband internet?

BTW, I just got a financial aid forms letter from AECOM. Awesome.

And as always, thanks Rendar5 for all the helpful information. Been in contact with my Uncle Albert about some stuff already. But I had one more question. How are roommates assigned? Randomly?
are you planning on going there uegis?
 

Uegis

1 Down 3 To Go
10+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2004
1,161
0
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
As of right now, its my top choice. Of course, need to look at financial aid first, then decide. i really liked it there when I visited, but I am also seriously considering Rochester and MCW. I think I'll be happy at all those places, but Einstein is where my heart is at right now.
 
OP
S

scoops418

Proud Member of 4d
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2004
81
0
Status
As of now, it looks like I'll mostly likely be attending AECOM next fall, which I am pretty excited about. Are any of you planning on going back to Morris Park before May 15th for a second look?
 

passthesashimi

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2004
392
2
Status
Resident [Any Field]
scoops418 said:
As of now, it looks like I'll mostly likely be attending AECOM next fall, which I am pretty excited about. Are any of you planning on going back to Morris Park before May 15th for a second look?
i think i will. where are you guys from? i'm from san diego; quite a big difference in location/weather hehe.
 

wends

Tigress in Training
10+ Year Member
May 20, 2004
3,052
0
Status
hey, how long did it take for you guys to hear back from AECOM? does anyone know whether they have regular committee meetings?
 

CalGirl

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
61
0
Status
Hi you guys! I may be joining you all at AE next fall...passthesashimi I'm from the bay area so I know what u mean with the change in location and weather hehe. I am still waiting to hear post-interview from UCI, then I will decide whether or not I'm goin to Einstein. R u guys set on Einstein for sure? :confused:
 

passthesashimi

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2004
392
2
Status
Resident [Any Field]
CalGirl said:
Hi you guys! I may be joining you all at AE next fall...passthesashimi I'm from the bay area so I know what u mean with the change in location and weather hehe. I am still waiting to hear post-interview from UCI, then I will decide whether or not I'm goin to Einstein. R u guys set on Einstein for sure? :confused:
what high school did you go to calgirl? i went to mitty, if you know what that is hehe :). i'm still waiting on my waitlists and some schools, but im glad i got aecom because i really like it and can see myself going there. so in truth, i'm not sure :p.
 
5

51487

i dunno about regular committee meetings...i interviewed in october and think i heard in dec or jan
 

oniwindu

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2004
146
0
Status
Just to answer my own question (earlier post in this thread): I got a packet of Fin Aid info a few days ago. Basically included a letter to tell us the things we needed to do for federal/institutional aid, a FAFSA form, and CSS Profile info.

Also got the health forms in the mail yesterday. Oh boy.
 

loudawg

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2004
43
0
New York
Status
oniwindu said:
Just to answer my own question (earlier post in this thread): I got a packet of Fin Aid info a few days ago. Basically included a letter to tell us the things we needed to do for federal/institutional aid, a FAFSA form, and CSS Profile info.

Also got the health forms in the mail yesterday. Oh boy.

Anyone else think the health form requirements were a little crazy? I mean I understand the titers (although wouldn't vaccination history be good enough?) but liver function panel, CBC, chem profile... I mean we're becoming med students, not patients!
 

jdovez

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2003
470
0
NYC
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
loudawg said:
Anyone else think the health form requirements were a little crazy? I mean I understand the titers (although wouldn't vaccination history be good enough?) but liver function panel, CBC, chem profile... I mean we're becoming med students, not patients!
Yeah, the requirements do seem to be a bit extreme, but I guess its good they want to know our EXACT health status (ok as exact as our serum can tell). Pretty nuts.

As far as apartments, does anyone know how it would work if I my gf would be moving with me, but we are not yet nor plan to get married for a bit. Could we get a studio? No chance at a 1BR unless we are married? Thanks.
 
OP
S

scoops418

Proud Member of 4d
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2004
81
0
Status
passthesashimi said:
i think i will. where are you guys from? i'm from san diego; quite a big difference in location/weather hehe.
Im actually from upstate NY, only an hour or so away from AECOM so I'm not too concerned about the change in climate eventhough I'm currently in Boston right now finishing up UG at Tufts. Im definitely looking forward to meeting all of you!
 

meddie

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2005
37
0
Status
jdovez said:
Yeah, the requirements do seem to be a bit extreme, but I guess its good they want to know our EXACT health status (ok as exact as our serum can tell). Pretty nuts.

As far as apartments, does anyone know how it would work if I my gf would be moving with me, but we are not yet nor plan to get married for a bit. Could we get a studio? No chance at a 1BR unless we are married? Thanks.

When I interviewed there, one of the tour guides had a studio with her boyfriend but they weren't married. She said you just had to show that you were in a long-term committed relationship and that includes some paperwork like a shared bank account. Not sure what else though. Best bet is to call and ask.
 
5

51487

i know nyu requires 2 of the following "6" things...the 2 that I thought were most realistic for my relationship were proof of prior cohabitation (if that ends up working out for this summer ha ha) and a shared bank account that is actually used (which we may end up getting--we've still got a year left as my boyfriend finishes college in 2006 before he is moving up to ny)...but sorry I don't recall the other 4...they're probably similar at all schools with "dorm" arrangements
 

PMinty44

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2005
171
0
Status
I interviewed at AECOM the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and I have heard nothing from them.....(which makes me think that maybe I should call them and ask them what's the delio). Has anyone been accepted, waitlisted, or rejected lately?
 

jdovez

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2003
470
0
NYC
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
meddie said:
When I interviewed there, one of the tour guides had a studio with her boyfriend but they weren't married. She said you just had to show that you were in a long-term committed relationship and that includes some paperwork like a shared bank account. Not sure what else though. Best bet is to call and ask.
Thanks for the info. I wanted to hold off on calling until I had a better sense if I'll actually end up there (not sure if this is the best plan, but it the path of least resistance currently). This info sounds good. I guess we should stop being lazy and finally merge our accounts.
 

HrsNJ

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2005
109
0
NJ
Status
Hey guys,

I really want to go back to Einstein and take another look at the campus and the sourrounding area. I've been told there's a barnes and nobles with a starbucks not too far from campus. Finding this building is vital--I can't go to a school where I can't buy coffee somewhere (for when I'm too lazy to make it. Or when I run out of milk or the coffee pot breaks). If anyone here is planning a visit--let me know. I'm in NJ and my schedule is pretty flexible. :)
 

rugirlie

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2003
773
0
36
jersey
Visit site
Status
HrsNJ said:
Hey guys,

I really want to go back to Einstein and take another look at the campus and the sourrounding area. I've been told there's a barnes and nobles with a starbucks not too far from campus. Finding this building is vital--I can't go to a school where I can't buy coffee somewhere (for when I'm too lazy to make it. Or when I run out of milk or the coffee pot breaks). If anyone here is planning a visit--let me know. I'm in NJ and my schedule is pretty flexible. :)

Hey you,

The Barnes and Nobles is like 3 exits away on 95.... Like AECOM is exit 8c (i think there are other ways to go but i know only this one) and the Barnes and Nobles is part of this big complex off of exit 11... theres a movie theatre and a bunch of like outside stores and the barnes and nobles and some other things.. its about a 4 or 5 min drive without traffic. You can't walk there however. :) Wish me luck for my interview there on March 31st. . hope I'm not interviewing for a waitlist spot :-\
 

HrsNJ

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2005
109
0
NJ
Status
thanks, rugirlie :love:

good luck on your interview!!! Cross your fingers for getting Dr. Janis--he was nicest interviewer I've had in this whole ugly process...get in touch with me if you have any questions. :)
 

Uegis

1 Down 3 To Go
10+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2004
1,161
0
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Passthesashimi and CalGirl, I'm from the Bay Area too. There are A LOT of students from CA at Einstein. I know three people off hand that are 1st and 2nd years there. The weather does seem like a big change, but I felt very comfortable there when I visited. I'm waiting to get off a couple of waitlists at UC, so everything might change come July/August. But as of now, Einstein doesn't seem bad at all.

On another note, just got the health requirements package. Need to go get a bunch of shots, blooddraws, titers, etc. That sucks, haha

Is the Barnes and Noble accessible by public transportation? If so, how long does it take and is it safe?

Another quick question. Is it P/F for the first two years, or just the first year?
 

CalGirl

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
61
0
Status
Hi Uegis! I'm glad there's some other Bay area folks who may be going to Einstein. Yep, there are a LOT of Cali peeps there - I know three 1st years there from Berkeley. Good luck with the UC waitlists...(the UC's are a b**ch huh?) :luck: