For those applying to North Carolina Schools!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ECU is not included in Big 4...

Big 4 stands for UNC, NCSU, Duke and Wake...

unless of course you are talking about the four med schools in NC..

Members don't see this ad.

OK, I don't know if you know, but NCSU has no med school- I was talking about the "big four" as in med school, not ACC

Members don't see this ad :)
Got it- just wrote you back rubberducky- sorry for the delay!

ECU is killing me with the wait.

NCMD:
So are you considering ECU over Wake?

charleb32-

No, I am still waiting to hear from ECU so I don't have that choice yet. It would be a tough call but I think I'd choose Wake. I really loved the program there, and the facilities and how completely wired that place is technologically. However, the money is a factr- I don't know. I am just not going to think about it yet unless I do have to make that decision.

So, UNC is still interviewing--this is their last week of interviewing. Has anyone heard from them recently? I was told that they are holding off on making decisions until they finish interviewing to give everyone a fair chance, but it is getting very close to March 29th. Anyone heard anything?

Hello all- I just got an email- I got accepted to UNC!!! I interviewed in NOVEMBER and hadn't heard, so I was seriously worried that no news was bad news. Good luck to everybody!

ncmd,
congrats!! that rocks! i'm still waiting from UNC and ECU too. I interviewed at both schools in December. Have you heard from ECU yet?

ncmd--
so i'll see you next weekend at the 2nd look? now we're really both in the same position. tough decisions.

Waitingwaiting- no, I haven't heard from ECU yet- they keep telling me, "we have reviewed you app at least once and it will be reviewed again."

Rubberducky- yes, I guess I will see you at UNC next Sat! I guess we are in the same boat, but I wish you luck with your other acceptances. I think at this point I am thinking UNC . . .

Has anyone heard anything from UNC? I was under the impression that they hadn't sent out that many acceptances?

Hey everyone- UNC has second look this weekend- are any SDNers besides Rubberducky and me going to be there? Are those that are attending planning on going to UNC or are you thinking about other schools, too? Which ones? See you guys there! ncmd

Hey NCMD and Rubberducky, I'll be there this weekend, April 6. Hope to meet you both!

Imm, here are my stats in response to your message.

MCAT = 37
GPA = 3.91

UNC is my top choice at the moment. I hope the second look convinces me 100% I'm pretty sure it will.

Great Fluffy- looking forward to meeting you, too-
Anyone else out there going to UNC 2nd Look?

I'll be there this weekend at the 2nd look too. Anybody know what we're supposed to wear?

Good question- I was thinking pretty casual, but not jeans- what do you think? I guess you live in Chapel Hill, so do I- I think it supposed to be in the low 60s tomorrow-

I was thinking khakis and a dress shirt. I hope I won't be the only one there with no suit on......

I went to CH undergrad and took the year off, but I still live in CH.

Hope to meet a lot of you guys this weekend!

NO SUIT!! We're done with that part. Just nice pants and a nice shirt. I'll see you guys there. I'm hoping this weekend will convince me to go.