Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

For those have taken/are taking the Kaplan course...

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by ejay286, Jun 5, 2008.

1. ejay286

ejay286 Member

Pre-Medical
    The website says that we have access to "unlimited access to all 8 AAMC practice exams on computer and 11 additional full-length, computer-based practice MCATs." So thats 19 tests, but my syllabus says we only take 5 practice tests. I called the Kaplan center and the lady said we only take 5, but I don't think she knew what she was talking about. Are the 8 AAMC exams included in the course or are they extra that we may take on our own?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. The 8 AAMC's & FL6-11 are all extra, you can take it if you have the time i guess is what kaplan means.

4. nfg05

Pre-Medical
    They are there and included with your (exorbitant) class fee. It's true that they only schedule you taking 5, but they make all 19 or whatever available. Just log in, open up your syllabus, switch over to the "My Tests" tab I believe it is and you'll see them.

5. LikeClockWork

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Yup, this is exactly right. Only 5 full-lengths are required for the Kaplan guarantee (if you don't do better than the diagnostic/previous MCAT score, you get a refund or do-over for free). The other ~14 tests are just strongly recommended practice. I think I got to 3 or 4 of them, but went through almost all of the sectional tests at one point or another.