For those have taken/are taking the Kaplan course...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted74029

The website says that we have access to "unlimited access to all 8 AAMC practice exams on computer and 11 additional full-length, computer-based practice MCATs." So thats 19 tests, but my syllabus says we only take 5 practice tests. I called the Kaplan center and the lady said we only take 5, but I don't think she knew what she was talking about. Are the 8 AAMC exams included in the course or are they extra that we may take on our own?

Members don't see this ad.

The 8 AAMC's & FL6-11 are all extra, you can take it if you have the time i guess is what kaplan means.

They are there and included with your (exorbitant) class fee. It's true that they only schedule you taking 5, but they make all 19 or whatever available. Just log in, open up your syllabus, switch over to the "My Tests" tab I believe it is and you'll see them.

They are there and included with your (exorbitant) class fee. It's true that they only schedule you taking 5, but they make all 19 or whatever available. Just log in, open up your syllabus, switch over to the "My Tests" tab I believe it is and you'll see them.

Yup, this is exactly right. Only 5 full-lengths are required for the Kaplan guarantee (if you don't do better than the diagnostic/previous MCAT score, you get a refund or do-over for free). The other ~14 tests are just strongly recommended practice. I think I got to 3 or 4 of them, but went through almost all of the sectional tests at one point or another.