For those in NYC - help with research opportunities!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chitown82

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm an M1 in Chicago, but I want to be in NYC this summer to do research. I've applied for a few summer research fellowships/grants, but their acceptance rates are notoriously low (<10%) so I can't count on them. If they don't work out, I need to find a PI independenly. I'm interested in just about all types of research - basic science or clinical. I have a lot of basic science research experience (including pubs), so I'd be comfortable in most basic science settings. If you go to school in NYC and know of a PI that would be willing to take summer students, please PM me! I've e-mailed a bunch of PIs and have gotten positive responses, but the problem is they don't have funding or have already exhaused their summer stipends. Any help would be awesome!

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

are you looking for a paid position?

send me a PM and I can let you know what we might have available in our institution

chitown82 said:
Hey everyone,

I'm an M1 in Chicago, but I want to be in NYC this summer to do research. I've applied for a few summer research fellowships/grants, but their acceptance rates are notoriously low (<10%) so I can't count on them. If they don't work out, I need to find a PI independenly. I'm interested in just about all types of research - basic science or clinical. I have a lot of basic science research experience (including pubs), so I'd be comfortable in most basic science settings. If you go to school in NYC and know of a PI that would be willing to take summer students, please PM me! I've e-mailed a bunch of PIs and have gotten positive responses, but the problem is they don't have funding or have already exhaused their summer stipends. Any help would be awesome!

Thanks.
are you looking for a paid position?

send me a PM and I can let you know what we might have available in our institution