1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

For those in school . . . how're classes coming?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Nuel, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Nuel

10+ Year Member

Just wanted to know how the recent MCATers coped with classes this semester. I was taking 19 hrs and was very afraid on how to prepare for the MCAT considering other involvements.

So far I have to catch up in diff. equations, botany and genetics for the finals. other classes like zoology and organic II went very fine.

How are others doing, or how did you do it? Just want to know how we all managed.

2. Cerberus

Cerberus Heroic Necromancer
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    life is really easy right now :cool:

3. berkeleyjess

berkeleyjess Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Life is great now. I walk very slowly everywhere now. Even though I still have papers and exams left, I feel like I have SO much time. I love it. I hope everyone is enjoying their post-MCAT time.

4. 0T6

0T6 Member
    5+ Year Member

Definitely a huge weight off the shoulders with MCAT over. 2 finals done this week, 2 more next week, and all done on May 3rd. Can't wait :)

5. UCLAstudent

UCLAstudent I'm a luck dragon!
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm starting to hit midterms, but considering that I put so much time into studying for the MCAT last quarter and still pulled off good grades, I'm not too worried. I love having so much more free time. I even get to play on two soccer teams! :D

6. 0T6

0T6 Member
    5+ Year Member

Midterms?
    When do you guys down south finish for the year?

7. UCLAstudent

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My school is on the quarter system. It is the end of third week (out of 10). I finish June 14-ish. It totally depends on the school. I am kind of glad about school getting out so late right now because it will keep my mind from worrying about my MCAT scores. :laugh:

8. 0T6

0T6 Member
    5+ Year Member

Oh really? Okay that's cool. Just really different from what we have up here (Ontario) where all the universities are having exams right now and we're all pretty much done in a week or two.
    So you guys have 40 weeks of classes in total? Wow

9. no-see-um

no-see-um Bindaas
    5+ Year Member

Nuel, I hear you with Genetics. I am taking a 5 credit genetics course and it is a ball-buster! :eek: Plus, I am doing Honors research, and an upper-level philosophy course. 16 credits that feel like 20. :eek: I put a lot of it on hold for the MCAT, but now it is time to pay the piper.

Sincerely,
    D. melanogaster

10. UCLAstudent

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It is actually 30 weeks of classes. 10 in the fall, 10 in the winter, and 10 in the spring. The term "quarter" is misleading. We do get out late, but we also start very late (September 27 this year).

11. leiface

leiface i see sick people
    7+ Year Member

I'm totally stressed out, AGAIN. It's the P-chem that's doing it...evil P-chem :scared:

12. Kazema

Kazema In a kingdom by the sea
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I have a research paper, project, presentation, lab report, and some random homeworks due next week (last week of classes). Great fun. But on the bright side, I'll be done, done done, completely done in 3 weeks.

13. terzian

terzian MS4
    7+ Year Member

biochem = death

14. thinkpositive

thinkpositive futureMD
    5+ Year Member

I managed it pretty well till mcat week, when all I did was mcat stuff the whole week before and so I got behind in my classes (I mean I was still reading for them and going for class but I wasn't actually studying) and now I have so much to catch up on! :eek: I have 4 finals next week so yeah pretty stressful :( but it will all be over in a week and I am going to NYC for a week so I try to think about that to get me through the week :D good luck with all your schoolwork everyone, we can do it ! :luck:

15. DrSal

DrSal Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

school? what school? i had a paper and 2 exams this week. But i felt like i deserved a break. so i wrote the paper the morning it was due, and studied for my 2 exams that were on the same day the night b4. Talk about total nonchalance. My stress levels are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down now.

Sal's got her life back ;) :cool: :D :) :love: :thumbup: