For those joining UCSF or UOP for 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called up the UCSF admissions office regarding TOEFL scores. I was told that the minimum scores will be considered as specified on the website and nothing below. It is very unfortunate. Please confirm it by calling them.

Looks like it doesn't matter to them whether 110 or 88 total but there has to be a 28 in speaking.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree, this is definitely unfortunate.

People who took Paperbased and CBT are really lucky.

Any ways i'll call them and check again.

Oralsurgeon said:
I called up the UCSF admissions office regarding TOEFL scores. I was told that the minimum scores will be considered as specified on the website and nothing below. It is very unfortunate. Please confirm it by calling them.

Looks like it doesn't matter to them whether 110 or 88 total but there has to be a 28 in speaking.

Hi All,

Minimum Speaking requirements for IBT TOEFL is no more 28 but only 24 for UCSF applicants.

I just called the UCSF and they confirmed that the policy has been changed last week and will reflect in the website in couple of days.

I think it is a great news to all who took TOEFL IBT and got less scores in speaking section.

Oralsurgeon said:

Members don't see this ad :)
HI friends,
Has anyone send there applications to UCLA?
How do u print ur SOP in the space provided?
I am not technical and do not want to hand write it.The form is in Pdf format and i need help.
Any suggestions?

Dushyant said:
HI friends,
Has anyone send there applications to UCLA?
How do u print ur SOP in the space provided?
I am not technical and do not want to hand write it.The form is in Pdf format and i need help.
Any suggestions?
hi there
i did that
well what i did
take the print of that paper on which you are supposed to write sop
and then put that paper back into the printer and open your word doc where you have saved your sop ..and then print again it 'll come on that paper..hope i have not jumbled myself ....let me know if still its not clear :)

indian bds said:
hi there
i did that
well what i did
take the print of that paper on which you are supposed to write sop
and then put that paper back into the printer and open your word doc where you have saved your sop ..and then print again it 'll come on that paper..hope i have not jumbled myself ....let me know if still its not clear :)
perfectly clear..thats what i did :D

hey,

i already applied to UoP and UCSF..they are pretty tough to get into...your GPA needs to be 3.0 plus...the technicals are in oct..and school beginns in july...

u can email me for further details :)

Hi,
Does anyone know what are requirements for reapplicants to UCSF. I am trying to call them since more than month, even send couple of emails but no one has answered.
Thank u for any info anyone can offer

UCSF website has revised the minimum requirements for IBT TOEFL, now it is 24 for speaking and 21 for writing.

Rojarose said:
Hi All,

Minimum Speaking requirements for IBT TOEFL is no more 28 but only 24 for UCSF applicants.

I just called the UCSF and they confirmed that the policy has been changed last week and will reflect in the website in couple of days.

I think it is a great news to all who took TOEFL IBT and got less scores in speaking section.

gr8 thread,
i am also applying for the above schools ,have not posted any yet but still sorting the docs,is deans rec letter a must

Rojarose said:
UCSF website has revised the minimum requirements for IBT TOEFL, now it is 24 for speaking and 21 for writing.

check ucsf website.

Hi dentistjas,
For reapplying to UCSF, you need to send a completed application along with UCSF questionnaire and fees, an updated CV and any scores (TOEFL or NDBE part-1) that may have been updated since you applied last. Also please state in the application that you are a reapplicant.
Hope that helps - this is what Mary Pham at UCSF told me.
Good Luck
dentistcs

does anyone have any opinion about loma linda?

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone have any opinion about loma linda?

They require NBDE Part-1 + Part-2 scores to consider your application.. I heard their tuition is comparatively cheaper than most other schools ... September 15th is the deadline to apply... they accept 20 students...you have to fill an online application form and send the required documents via postal mail....this is all I know of Loma Linda...
Hope it helps...
:thumbup: Good Luck

Thanks to all of you!! This thread is great. For those who are worried about getting 28 in Speaking, please dont. We all are professionals,, be urself and clear, and you will make it. I got 28 in first attempt.
I have also applied to all these schools.UCSF..USC..UOP..Please can someone share how are you preparing for clinical exams for these schools? Is anyone going for Duggans?
Please please answer
Thanks!!

Thanks hydbds
Anyone dealing wit the llu application - iI need to know how are you handling the recommendation letters that they want in their format?
Thanks for any suggestion/help that you could provide.

Hi to all
I am in a difficult situation,I wish to apply to CA schools and got my toefl ibt scores few days back which are 90 witha split of R:21, L:25, S:27, W:17...and i aam low on total score for UOP(which is 92) and my writing is low for UCSF(minimum 21).I had taken toefl cbt last year and my wrting was 28 at that time with the essay ratings of 6.5 out of 7....so this time it was because of slow speed on typing on the keyboard which got me a pathetic score...please advice...
thanks

Guys,
Does anyone know if someone was able to get into UOP without the final degree. In India god only knows when we get the degree. All I have are the transcripts and the provisional certificates. Is that good enough to apply?

Thanks
Udit

HI friends,
Did anyone get a call or mail from UCLA about the application package being incomplete or complete?
I got a mail saying they have recieved my application but i am not sure about my part I score and toefl score which were send directly from the institutes.
Any suggestions.

how many days after UOP received our application inform us about receiving our application?

i received a call from ucla about my application that they have not got my toefl score and they just asked me to fax it. i did that and they confirmed me on call that my application is complete. i dont know why my toefl score did not reach them although i received acknowledgement from ets stating that my score has been sent. i ordered the score online( a month back from the deadline date) where they only ask institution code which meant dentistry department but i am worried becoz our score has to go to advance standing program department of dentistry so what do u guys say?

HI friends,
Did anyone get a call or mail from UCLA about the application package being incomplete or complete?
I got a mail saying they have recieved my application but i am not sure about my part I score and toefl score which were send directly from the institutes.
Any suggestions.

Hi friends

I am also applying to USC, UCSF & UOP. Just completed my SOP which took me ages to complete it. Only problem left is my TOEFL score for which i am getting a rescoring done on the speaking section but it takes them 3 weeks to complete the process by which time the deadlines for these schools will pass.

these are applications for courses ending in dds or else

hey friends i received an e-mail from pacific regarding the application status.

I received an email from UOP about the completion of my application
Hey Minali..will u please share from where have u gotten or are getting clinical exam prep?
Thanks

devilsmile said:
Hi All,
I am also plannin g on applying to UCLA , UOP and UCSF.
Lets take it step by step.
1. Lets all first fill up the application form

hi,
let me know wat r these toefl codes.r they specific to each school.
will that codes b mentioned in aplication form....

Hi devilsmile,
great input!
I just wanted to add a few things.
TOEFL code for the univerisities.
UOP: 4892, no dept code
UCSF: 4840 , department code: 38
UCLA: 4837, dept code: 38

Dead lines:
UOP: Sept 15
UCSF: Sept 15
UCLA: Sept 1

If anybody attended interview in UOP please tell the preparations that they ask for in their clinical exam and the list of instruments required.

please help.

hi,
Is anybody got email abt application status from UCSF or i should call them. I haven't heard from them.

vinita

hi,
Is anybody got email abt application status from UCSF or i should call them. I haven't heard from them.

vinita

Even i am worried about the application status at UCSF,trying to call them...... but no luck.
In case u get a chance to speak with them,kindly let us know.
Thanks.

BTW i have got a mail from UOP,UCLA and USC that they have recieved my appliactions.

Even i am worried about the application status at UCSF,trying to call them...... but no luck.
In case u get a chance to speak with them,kindly let us know.
Thanks.

BTW i have got a mail from UOP,UCLA and USC that they have recieved my appliactions.

hi Dushyant,
I will if i get a chance. I also got mails from uop.ucla,and usc.Waiting for interview call. Let me know how are u preparing for interviews. Have u taken part 2 also?

does anyone know how many students are called for the interview at the ca schools, jow many batches or interview session are held per year. Thanks.

hi

I have applied for california schools too. please count me in. Can anybody please guide me how to go about practical exam preperation? which all instuements we should buy to practice at home?

Thanks in advance

Regards
-Anushri

I got an E-mail sent on Friday from UCSF said need my TOEFL score by Friday. I didn't check the mail on that day and now it's late. Just don't understand why they didn't have my score. I requested and got confirmation letter from ETC about my score report on 18th of Aug. What am I supposed to do? I'll call UCSF and ETC tomorrow anyway.

Anybody got the same letter? And what did you do?

Hey u know i had spoken to Mary Pham about Toefl scores some time back and she said that we do not trust official reports whether they reach us or not ,so its wise if u send your toefl copy notarized....so may be u call her and request her that can u send it notarised now...
good luck

I was in the same boat...
but with my ADA reports, so they told me to send a scan of my report.It was UCSF.
and the U of Michigan my toefl scores has not been arrived yet. They told me to send a fax and ask me when I requested my report scores.So, I would that...and I was thinking maybe the code number I have put wrongly.:(
Maybe they would understand your situation because some universities takes in account the day you mailed them not the arrived day.
Good luck:luck:

I replied the e-mail and gave out all the information they need to verify my score. Also, I called Barbara and was told things were OK. Thanks for sharing. I think I should enclose all the score copies in the application pakages although the schools need official reports.

I am a dentist in the sfo bay area( milpitas, close to san jose) and i have a big office of my own. I am willing to let the students practice at my clinic over the weekends for a fee. You are welcome to form a group to exchange notes and ideas and use my facility to practice for the upcoming interviews,typodont practice etc. i can make the premises available over the weekedn ( fri, sat , sun). Some of you have not held a handpiece in a while and may want to brush up on the strokes. Buying a compressor or joining classes may be too expensive so this may be one avenue > i also have DVD players if you need to watch prep reviews etc. Please let me know ASAP if anyone is interested. please reply to [email protected]

cheers:))

Thanks Doctor,

I would like use this opportunity.

I'll mail in detail.

Thanks

I am a dentist in the sfo bay area( milpitas, close to san jose) and i have a big office of my own. I am willing to let the students practice at my clinic over the weekends for a fee. You are welcome to form a group to exchange notes and ideas and use my facility to practice for the upcoming interviews,typodont practice etc. i can make the premises available over the weekedn ( fri, sat , sun). Some of you have not held a handpiece in a while and may want to brush up on the strokes. Buying a compressor or joining classes may be too expensive so this may be one avenue > i also have DVD players if you need to watch prep reviews etc. Please let me know ASAP if anyone is interested. please reply to [email protected]

cheers:))

Hi,
There is practical training sessions -crown preps etc,starting in san jose area.We can get together ,anyone intrested?:thumbup:

Hi everyone.....

I am new here and confused about my stats...I read all the posted stats and I was wondering where I stand...

If someone can help me I will really appreciate the help.
My stats : nb 1 - 87
nb 2 - 76
ece - 4.0
toefl - (cbt) 263..
I have 1 year of experience in India and 4 months in US are a volunteer., I also received a gold medal in India.

I have send applications to llu, uop, bu, upenn

do I stand any chance to be called for interviews?

Please help me..... I will appreciate all the help.....I am totally frustated as to what to do...