For those of us without acceptances today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shane41

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied in mid august and still have not heard a word from:

VCU
Detroit Mercy
Tennessee
Creighton
Tufts
Bu
Pittsburgh
Louisville

Some of these schools have been under review for months (BU, Tufts, VCU, Creighton, Louisville)! I have called and my app is complete...

Ive had two interviews and Im waitlisted at one school

Is anyone else in a similar situation as myself? Hopefully I will here good news from some of these schools in the second round if they even are having second rounds...

Members don't see this ad.

i think 2nd round is in about a month for most schools, so don't worry too much

well if u are in TX, u don't get to find out until next week..... good luck though! It's a long time from now untill march...

Members don't see this ad :)
I AM!

I still haven't heard anything from about 10 schools:

Detriot Mercy
Tufts
BU
Pitt
UCLA
USC
UCSF
Penn- I emailed and they said I'm being considered for an interview
Uop- re-review in Dec.
Buffalo- Continuing review

I've had 2 interviews so far (NYU and Temple) and don't know my status from either one.

The only update I got today was on AADSAS- rejected from NJ. Oh well.

If I don't hear something soon, I give myself until the middle of next week before I panic and apply to other schools that didn't have a Dec 1 deadline!

I'm in the same situation. I have only interviewed at one school so far (my state school), and heard nothing back from them.

What makes it worse is that this is the second time I'm applying and I have a near perfect masters GPA (but only 3.05 cum undergrad), which I will finish in May. I'm starting to get pretty frustrated........

what did you get your masters in?

Non-thesis Masters in Biotechnology from Hopkins. Its totally coursework based, so its not like I'm doing research to inflate my grades or anything. Man this is so much harder the 2nd time around.......

Ive had two interviews and Im waitlisted at one school

Is anyone else in a similar situation as myself? Hopefully I will here good news from some of these schools in the second round if they even are having second rounds...

Me too!!! I am so frustrated right now, because I honestly feel like I have a pretty good chance of getting in. I am an alternate at NOVA...do you think I still have a shot at being accepted? I hope so....and I have heard NOTHING from temple or my state school...I guess I will just have to keep playing the waitig game...:rolleyes: good luck all!!

I am in the same boat. I haven't heard anything from Tufts, USC, UCLA, BU, VCU, Buffalo, UNC and I had one interview at Temple. I may be attacking the mailman today to find out from Temple, but, if I get nothing....I'm hoping I hear from these other schools.

same here. 2 interviews and no acceptance so far.

Do you all think its too late to submit an application to USC?

according to deadlines you might not be late but for actually having a chance to get in.....wait till next year. too late now.

BU updated on AADSAS

Members don't see this ad :)
pitt updated too... no phone call yet though

My BU still says: Received/Under Review: This status means that our office has received your application and we are in the process of reviewing it. At this stage we are determining if your application is eligible for interview. Generally, interviewed candidates have an overall cumulative GPA both total and science of a 3.2 or above and their DAT academic average and total science is at 19 or above. This is a general guide; many other factors come in to our consideration of a candidate: community service, experience in dentistry, motivation toward dentistry, letters of recommendation, applicant essay, credit hours/course load and competitiveness of undergraduate institution, etc. Your application may remain in this status throughout the entire cycle as we continually review it against the total applicant pool.

Pitt still says nothing and they have had my app for awhile now

It sucks b/c I was expecting bells and whistles at 12am..and now....:confused: well good luck to all you guys :) at least we know that we are not alone:luck:

Mail hasn't come today yet so there is some hope but no love so far.

5 interviews pre dec 1st and i got 2 waitlists...thinking i got rejected at the other 2....and who knows about the 5th...what a friggin disaster this has turned out to be....oy

anyone know generally what our chances are of getting in on the second cut (Jan 15)? Do most schools have have room for more or do they fill up nearly every spot in Dec?

no interviews for me... it's been a long time now.

i'm foolishly waiting for NYU to tell me that I got in without an interview.

And, it sucks and hurts badly... it really sucks.

I hope I get interviews next round when all of these other kids decline their invitation.

I think that's what will happen. After all of these kids with 5 acceptances choose their school, we can fill the spots at the schools they declined. Don't stress out yet!:)

sad day.... have finals next week, but can't concentrate on anything
right now. :(

Nothing from Temple today. I hope tomorrow is a better day. At least I didnt get rejected by Penn, Oh wait, yeah I did.

Everyone will get something, many schools don't send anything out till later.

Nothing from Temple today either. Maybe they just aren't out to everybody yet. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Nothing from Temple today either. Maybe they just aren't out to everybody yet. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

they post mark them so they get their on the 1st

hmmm... my status isn't updated for BU. Jesus, give me strength.

only news today is that buffalo offered me an interview... which i scheduled about a month and a half ago. i submitted in late august, but haven't heard from most schools yet ...i'm really regretting waiting so long to submit... what an idiot.

but good luck guys, and chin up.

are we just supposed to wait anxiously for the 45 days to be up?

im gonna stop reading this stupid thing and play video games until something comes in the mail.