for those of you accepted at Tulane...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ragzpie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm interviewing at Tulane next Thursday, December 4th...It is one of my top choice schools and I'm psyched I got an interview ...Can you guys give me some tips for the interview?

Thanks!!! :love:

M

Members don't see this ad.

congratulation on the interview:clap: :clap:
Don't be a NERVOUS WRECK!
If you don't mind when were your file completed at Tulane?

Thanks!! :)

My file was complete in early september and my interview invite was dated October 14th...They scheduled my interview for December 4th...

Members don't see this ad :)
be ready to ask questions, questions, questions...
before the interviews start there is about 45 min. where Dr. Pisano, (or whoever else) just asks for questions. Also, I don't remeber being asked anything about my qualifications, just "tell me about yourself" which led to many other topics. Most importantly just relax and good luck.

Don't be surprised if the first thing out of your interviewer's mouth is "What is your MCAT and GPA?" I know some people hate that question and if it is asked first the rest of the interview wouldn't go smoothly because they're angry. Just answer and move on. Tulane is big on diversity so know what special attributes you'd bring to the school. The interviews really aren't bad so if you relax and enjoy your time there the day will be fine. Also, be prepared to kill a lot of time. If you have time before your interviews go find the room because the numbering isn't logical and you may get lost if you are in a hurry. I wandered through the building during my free time and got to meet a lot of cool people. I hope you enjoy Tulane as much as I did and good luck with the interviews!

be confident and happy. Act like you own the school but are thrilled to do so at the same time. I think that will get you farther than any other option. You must be different in anyway you can. Every interview i go to has the same boring bump on the log people there. dont be that guy/or girl. Have a high MCAT :)

Oh no hightrump! What happened to Paris?!

Originally posted by arod
Oh no hightrump! What happened to Paris?!

:D sorry :)

I have been jamming to the Strokes new album for a few months now, but it just officialy came out and people far more skilled than I on guitar have begun posting tabs for their new songs. So I have something new to obsess about! I just finished learning 12:51, which can be seen at MTV.com then search for The Strokes. yippie!

Wow- thanks everyone!!

I'll definitely will try to come up with a list of questions beforehand...

I like the idea of walking around like I own the school...it would be awesome to arbitrarily fire/give people raises during the school tour...

I'll let you guys know how it goes...Hopefully, I'll be meeting you all next year :clap: :clap:

tulane is an awesome school. the students are really friendly and the staff is awesome. during your free time, visit the anatomy lab. the proff there is quirky and entertaining, and prospies are definitely welcome. as for the interview itself, relax about it. come up with some interesting things about yourself and interesting topics of discussion. show that u're well rounded and friendly. these two attributes really distinguish tulane from the rest. good luck!

I definitely agree with everyone. When I interviewed there, every student that I spoke to - first, second, third, and even some 4th years that I managed to find - as well as residents - all had great things to say about Tulane. That was pretty darn unanimous from various angles (not just Dr. Pisano hyping it up!)

For your interview, my best advice is to relax and be yourself.
I know that sound hokey but it's totally true. I think they are looking for applicants who fit into their "vibe" - a non-gunner type person who is bright AND has a sense of humor or athletic or creative or something that they can truly call their own other than being a pre-med. I got the impression that they're looking for enthusiastic "people people". :)

I thought the people at Tulane were really nice too! They were a lot of fun and very willing to talk to me about the school.
The professors were pretty nice too. They let me sit in on classes and helped me find rooms.
I also thought the students were professional.