for those of you accepted to MSU...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shehak20000

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please share your STATS and EC's........I really want to go there and it would be great to have some examples of 'what worked'- clearly, especially cuz i'm assuming these acceptances are all pre-interview!

Thanks a bunch!

Members don't see this ad.

not that i mind writing my stats again, but this was posted somewhere else in case that will help you find more info.

i was pretty surprised to be accepted without an interview since i'm out of state and not super stellar in my academics. my overall gpa is a 3.4, science 3.3, mcat 27 (B:8, P:10, V:9).

I spent a lot of time on my secondary and one of my eval writers is an alumni of MSU (although I'm pretty sure he didn't tell them that).

Good luck to you!!!

I got accepted preinterview am a resident.
Stats were GPA: 3.15 BCPM: 3.3
MCAT: 34M
EC's: Shadowing both MD and DO, volunteering at local hospital, work at hospital. Did non-clinical volunteering for 2 years. Katrina relief work. VP and coach of paintball team. Also worked 30-40 hours a week all through school.
If there is anything else you want to know feel free to contact me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just had a phone appointment with an MSU admissions counselor today becuse I wanted to check up on the status of my application. I have been complete for 2 months now and still no word. Anyway, she told me that if you are an out of stater (which I am), then the odds definitely work against you. Out of staters have about a 1 in 25 chance of asseptance, while in staters have about a 1 in 5 chance.

She said that the admissions committee meets every week and reviews the top 10% of applicants for that week. Top applicants are determined by a formula that takes into account all of the normal application criteria but emphasizes science GPA and community dedication/service the most. She also said that she doesnt think too many out of staters have been looked at yet, so maybe our day is coming soon.

I hope that helps. I feel your pain. Waiting STINKS!

Congratulations to those who have been accepted!
Can you also list how long were you complete for?
Thanks! :)

complete 11/3 accepted 11/15