stooge3

10+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2008
Status
Pre-Podiatry
So I've been looking at our schedule for this year on the website and I'm very confused as to how many credits we are taking per semester. Seems like they add on courses and our schedules differ on a day by day/week by week basis as opposed to the other podiatry schools. Does anyone have any idea how this 2+2 curriculum works and how many credits we typically take in a semester? Also how many credits to Pod schools require in total when we graduate in 4 years (including summers)? Thanks.

damhsoir

10+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2008
Chicago
Status
Podiatry Student
Hey Stooge,

Check out this page. It shows you the credit hours for each class and the total credits required to graduate (296). From what I understand, the 2+2 curriculum allows us to finish all of our basic sciences in two years and then we jump right into clinical classes and even a few clerkships towards the end of our third year.

OP
S

stooge3

10+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2008
Status
Pre-Podiatry
Thanks so much for the website! Wow we take 56 credits our first year? That comes out to be 28 credits per semester? Isn't that an awful lot of credits for any school? Even MD schools only require 24.5 credits max per semester. How are you guys managing it with classes only finishing at 4pm every night? Is there a certain method on how these classes are added to decrease the course load? Sorry for all the questions, just kind of nervous! :)

Cruton502

10+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2009
Scholl
Status
Podiatry Student
Thanks so much for the website! Wow we take 56 credits our first year? That comes out to be 28 credits per semester? Isn't that an awful lot of credits for any school? Even MD schools only require 24.5 credits max per semester. How are you guys managing it with classes only finishing at 4pm every night? Is there a certain method on how these classes are added to decrease the course load? Sorry for all the questions, just kind of nervous! :)
Don't worry Stooge, you don't get out at 4 every day. You'll have 1 ECR lab per week (Sometimes non) and 1 anatomy lab per week when a lab is scheduled. If you know how to manage time, you'll do fine. I was able to have a decent social life and do well in school my first year.