For those of you in ICO

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danielallen2008

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted into ICO and I am planning on matriculating in August, I was wondering how hard the 1st year is.......... Yes I know that it is much harder than Undergrad, But specifically how hard is optics and theory? is it alot harder than Gen Physics? is there anything I can start to study now so I wont be as stressed in school? does anyone have any 1st year notes that they can share? thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I have been accepted into ICO and I am planning on matriculating in August, I was wondering how hard the 1st year is.......... Yes I know that it is much harder than Undergrad, But specifically how hard is optics and theory? is it alot harder than Gen Physics? is there anything I can start to study now so I wont be as stressed in school? does anyone have any 1st year notes that they can share? thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congragulations! First year really, in my opinion, is not really hard. What it is though is a huge course load. Optics is probably one of the easier courses in first year (at least until you get to Dr. Goodfellow optics), but what most people find most difficult is anatomy/ocular anatomy. GOod luck.

I am a first year at ICO and I agree with the previous post that optics really is the least of your worries. (at least for the first 2 quarters) It is getting more challenging now, but Dr. Goodfellow is a great prof and makes things as clear as possible. Don't try and study before you get here. Just enjoy the time off as you will be doing pleanty of studying after you get here.