• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

For those of you in the Ft. Lauderdale / Miami area...

La Miraflorina

Dental Diva
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2004
Bmore, MD
  1. Dental Student
    For those of you in the Ft. Lauderdale and Miami area AND who have already taken the MCAT at least once, I'd like some feedback on the different test sites.

My main concern is table space. I know some test sites give you those little half-desks while other give you a full one or a place at a table. I'm one of those people who needs to spread everything out and those little half desks with half the **** on my lap just does not cut it.

I'm also wondering about organization, if the proctors were quiet etc.... I've heard that some can be quite rude and whisper throughout the whole test.

I know there's a website with supposed test site feedback but most of the info seems to be from 2003 and prior.

So please post your overall experience at the local sites...

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
    Moderator Emeritus
    Lifetime Donor
    15+ Year Member
    Oct 12, 2004
    Florida/Fellowship
    1. Fellow [Any Field]
    2. Attending Physician
      Hi Miraflorina,

I took my first MCAT in Ft. Lauderdale, but that was in 1996. It was in a hotel, I forget which one, on the top floor, and I remember that the sun was beating down on us all day (windows all around on ever side) and the proctor was walking around with squeaky shoes. lol.

The second time I decided to take the test at my university, and that turned out to be much less stressful because I knew my way around well and I live so close by. So I'd definitely recommend taking the test at your own school if possible. Don't worry about the desk size; if the desk is small, you can use one from the row next to you to put your writing utensils and other supplies on (they won't fill the whole room up so there will always be extra desks).

Good luck to you. :luck:

Arsenic

posting from the future
      Moderator Emeritus
      10+ Year Member
      May 5, 2004
      NYC
      1. Attending Physician
        The Nova test center is awesome! There's LOTS of space because its an auditorium and its one of the ones where there is a long desk thats shared by everyone in a row and since they make you leave a space to your left and right, you have more desk space than you would ever need. PLUS the seats are comfortable (padded and swivel) and the exam proctors wished us luck before each section and were very nice. :thumbup:

DieselPetrolGrl

twisterChamp&so much more
        7+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
          Arsenic810 said:
          The Nova test center is awesome! There's LOTS of space because its an auditorium and its one of the ones where there is a long desk thats shared by everyone in a row and since they make you leave a space to your left and right, you have more desk space than you would ever need. PLUS the seats are comfortable (padded and swivel) and the exam proctors wished us luck before each section and were very nice. :thumbup:
          wth
          u didnt tell me this
          i took it at UM
          which was ok
          except...there was a elephant outside eating beans and farting..or maybe it was lawn-mowers.

About the Ads

Arsenic

posting from the future
          Moderator Emeritus
          10+ Year Member
          May 5, 2004
          NYC
          1. Attending Physician
            DieselPetrolGrl said:
            wth
            u didnt tell me this
            i took it at UM
            which was ok
            except...there was a elephant outside eating beans and farting..or maybe it was lawn-mowers.

Sorry pirate :laugh:

Like it matters now anyways.... you already got into the med school you wanted! :cool:

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.