For those of you that aren't accepted yet...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tatabox80

Super-Duper Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are your plans for next year? I personally am considering my options right now. Do I still want to be a day care worker next year? Do I want to continue on with school? Reapplying will be a definate, but I'm trying to think of what else I'll be doing...and ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

Go backpacking in the Swiss Alps! That's what I would do if I had $ and a year off:D :clap: :cool:

Assuming I don't get off either of the 2 waitlists that I'm on, I plan on retaking the MCAT. I'm going to apply to DO schools next time around, and maybe a lot more schools this time around, especially if I do better on the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Trekking in Nepal.

what is a good mcat score anyways? i mean i took it in august and got a 29 (V8, P11, B10). i've received 6 interview invitations (4 in my home state of TX, 1 at tulane, and 1 at drexel) and NO ACCEPTANCES. i've been waitlisted in at least one school. i just don't know . . . should i take the MCAT again??? :(

sorry, to answer the original question in this post:

i will travel and volunteer this summer, then i will pursue a one-year masters and do research during the academic year, and of course i will reapply

Originally posted by Buttercup2003
what is a good mcat score anyways? i mean i took it in august and got a 29 (V8, P11, B10). i've received 6 interview invitations (4 in my home state of TX, 1 at tulane, and 1 at drexel) and NO ACCEPTANCES. i've been waitlisted in at least one school. i just don't know . . . should i take the MCAT again??? :(

I say don't retake the MCAT. Your scores aren't bad, plus there's no guarantee that you will do better next time. You may do worse, which will suck. ;)

Did you apply really early? Also, maybe you could take some courses to beef up your GPA? Or apply to more schools? This is, of course, very random advice that you will hopefully not need. :D

Best,

C.

I don't know what I will ... I don't know how I can improve my application ... can't believe no acceptance yet and it's feb!!! freaking UCs !!! hope it won't come to that

well.. you do have a few options... one is to retake the mcat.. another is to wait and see if you get off the waitlist.. in the mean time.. come up with some back up plans aside from retaking the mcat..

I don't know what I'll do, I want to get my masters, but I think I have to work to pay off all the money I've spent on plane tickets and application fees. So, I'll probably be getting a job somewhere. god, i just can't get myself to get a backup plan in place.

i really think that taking the august mcat and applying in october hurt me . . . there you go, i can answer my own question . . . but, this is something that i can do nothing about at this point . . . do you think my gpa, a 3.57, is low for the schools i am trying to get into?

i really think that taking the august mcat and applying in october hurt me . . . there you go, i can answer my own question . . . but, this is something that i can do nothing about at this point . . . do you think my gpa, a 3.57, is low for the schools i am trying to get into?

Hi buttercup,
I submitted my app in october also. A 3.57 is fine! How was your science gpa? I think if you would've applied earlier you would probably have an acceptance right now. I might be taking the MCAT again also, I got a 26 the first time. Next year, I think I'll be applying to some do schools too.

In my humble opinion, your numbers are fine. And since you've gotten to the interview stage at 6 schools (which is really great), those places have no problem with your numbers either. Hang in there, b/c I know some schools have tons of waitlist movement. Did you feel that your interviews went well? Good luck!

I agree with Southern Girl. The only thing that I can see that is really wrong is your late application. Waitlist is not too bad (have you received any rejections?), and the year is still young. ;)

C.