Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

For those of you that did post-baccs, were you full-time?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ejay286, Dec 10, 2008.

1. ejay286

ejay286 Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    If I don't get in this year I plan on doing a post-bacc but I'd also like to maybe work full-time. The university I plan on enrolling at is very non-traditionally oriented so they offer plenty of night classes. I'm just wondering how many of you did full-time post-baccs versus part-time.

2. oneandonlylo

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It depends on the type of postbacc you're doing. I had to take all the prereqs so I went full-time. There were people I knew who did part-time though. You'll probably do better with this inquiry if you look in the postbacc section of the forums though. Good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. alibai3ah

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    A full post bac may be costly. If you have already done the pre reqs, and are just trying to improve your science gpa. I would just do open university or take classes and pay by unit. This is a lot cheaper than paying the extraneous fees you would pay if you were a full student. Ofcourse this limits your chances of getting into classes that you want. So there is a trade off. But the smaller science classes like microbiology or immunology or whatever should have some open spaces, i would assume as oppose to general pre med classes.

4. aznb0y129

aznb0y129 Oh hamburgers!
    7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    I needed to keep myself financially afloat, so I worked full-time and went to school at night. That usually meant I could only take 1 or 2 classes at the same time and it took me 2 years to finish my post-bacc (I'd only taken Bio I previously), including summer classes. It's tough, but you do it if it's necessary.

5. zenlike

zenlike I'll see you in health.
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Same here.

6. Bacchus

Staff Member Administrator Physician Verified Expert 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'd recommend taking the 9 or 12 credits to stay fulltime and work part time. After 6 months, with most lenders, you are done with deferment and must start paying undergrad loans you have unless you file for forebearance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...