• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

For those of you that did post-baccs, were you full-time?

D

deleted74029

If I don't get in this year I plan on doing a post-bacc but I'd also like to maybe work full-time. The university I plan on enrolling at is very non-traditionally oriented so they offer plenty of night classes. I'm just wondering how many of you did full-time post-baccs versus part-time.

oneandonlylo

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2006
Washington, DC
  1. Resident [Any Field]
It depends on the type of postbacc you're doing. I had to take all the prereqs so I went full-time. There were people I knew who did part-time though. You'll probably do better with this inquiry if you look in the postbacc section of the forums though. Good luck!

alibai3ah

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2008
  1. Pre-Medical
A full post bac may be costly. If you have already done the pre reqs, and are just trying to improve your science gpa. I would just do open university or take classes and pay by unit. This is a lot cheaper than paying the extraneous fees you would pay if you were a full student. Ofcourse this limits your chances of getting into classes that you want. So there is a trade off. But the smaller science classes like microbiology or immunology or whatever should have some open spaces, i would assume as oppose to general pre med classes.

About the Ads

aznb0y129

Oh hamburgers!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2008
Flushing, NY
  1. Medical Student
I needed to keep myself financially afloat, so I worked full-time and went to school at night. That usually meant I could only take 1 or 2 classes at the same time and it took me 2 years to finish my post-bacc (I'd only taken Bio I previously), including summer classes. It's tough, but you do it if it's necessary.

zenlike

I'll see you in health.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2008
  1. Medical Student
I needed to keep myself financially afloat, so I worked full-time and went to school at night. That usually meant I could only take 1 or 2 classes at the same time and it took me 2 years to finish my post-bacc (I'd only taken Bio I previously), including summer classes. It's tough, but you do it if it's necessary.

Same here.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.