For those of you that did post-baccs, were you full-time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted74029

If I don't get in this year I plan on doing a post-bacc but I'd also like to maybe work full-time. The university I plan on enrolling at is very non-traditionally oriented so they offer plenty of night classes. I'm just wondering how many of you did full-time post-baccs versus part-time.

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the type of postbacc you're doing. I had to take all the prereqs so I went full-time. There were people I knew who did part-time though. You'll probably do better with this inquiry if you look in the postbacc section of the forums though. Good luck!

A full post bac may be costly. If you have already done the pre reqs, and are just trying to improve your science gpa. I would just do open university or take classes and pay by unit. This is a lot cheaper than paying the extraneous fees you would pay if you were a full student. Ofcourse this limits your chances of getting into classes that you want. So there is a trade off. But the smaller science classes like microbiology or immunology or whatever should have some open spaces, i would assume as oppose to general pre med classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I needed to keep myself financially afloat, so I worked full-time and went to school at night. That usually meant I could only take 1 or 2 classes at the same time and it took me 2 years to finish my post-bacc (I'd only taken Bio I previously), including summer classes. It's tough, but you do it if it's necessary.

I needed to keep myself financially afloat, so I worked full-time and went to school at night. That usually meant I could only take 1 or 2 classes at the same time and it took me 2 years to finish my post-bacc (I'd only taken Bio I previously), including summer classes. It's tough, but you do it if it's necessary.

Same here.

I'd recommend taking the 9 or 12 credits to stay fulltime and work part time. After 6 months, with most lenders, you are done with deferment and must start paying undergrad loans you have unless you file for forebearance.