For those of you that have received rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mj1878

Water good...
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if people that have been rejected this application cycle received notice fairly quickly or not. I haven't received any rejections yet, and all of my files still say that they are under review. If they are going to reject, do they take as much time as if they are actually considering someone? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

mj1878 said:
I was just wondering if people that have been rejected this application cycle received notice fairly quickly or not. I haven't received any rejections yet, and all of my files still say that they are under review. If they are going to reject, do they take as much time as if they are actually considering someone? Thanks.

mj1878,

I'm sure you are aware a number of DO school application cycles last until Feb - March so you shouldn't be to concerned about being rejected unless you finished all your secondary applications fairly late, i.e. November - December or very early, i.e August - September. I say this because many of the incoming classes are almost filled by the time the end of the application cycle comes around and on the flip side if you haven't received any responses after early secondary application submissions then you probably are not to high on the list to be granted an interview (barring that nothing was missing from your file). I personally know a little something about how the process works through first hand knowledge and professional relationships so don't let Admissions fool you by saying your under review come mid-February or late March. The probability you get accepted after this time frame becomes very slim and you may end up interviewing as an alternate if granted an interview at all.
I would recommend if you find yourself in this situation give Admissions a call and talk to them about your application and find out if there is anything you can do to strengthen you application for that incoming class or the next. A lot of students are afraid to call Admissions and they really miss out on an opportunity to become that 1st round applicant. I hope this info helps and good luck with the process.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is what my advisor told me about the med application process: "You will get rejected quickly, and accepted slowly."

I started receiving my rejection letters already (pre-interview).

I got rejections in the last 2 weeks from 2 schools, even before interview. One of them even before secondary. In their letter they said they looked over my application and basicaly I did not make the cut.

Here is the odd thing... that prooves that acceptance and rejections are random events of incosistancies (sP).

Both of these schools are new, and assumed to be easy to get into.

But, I did received interviews invites from all of the most established schools that I applied to (waiting from PCOM). KCOM, CCOM, DMUCOM, AZCOM, NSUCOM.

So just more proof that rejections and acceptance may be different from each school and one should not take it personally.

I found it funny actually.

Man UNE must of had pitty on me... thank YOU.

mj1878 said:

You can recieve rejections as early as a month after :scared: you submit your application until a few weeks before classes begin. There is no way to estimate your chances if you haven't recieved any yet.

calichik said:
This is what my advisor told me about the med application process: "You will get rejected quickly, and accepted slowly."

I tend to disagree with this. In my experience, they like to reject you as slowly as possible. Kind of like stabbing you, and twisting around the blade a little before letting you die in excruciating pain from Gangrene or blood loss. :smuggrin: But these were allo schools for me last year when I didn't get officially rejected until classes started, so osteo schools may be a bit kinder with their letdowns.