For those of you who didn't do as well on the real test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentdavis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i keep seeing a lot of people saying they didn't do as well as they expected or in line with their practice scores...it got me wondering...

what do you guys attribute your lower scores to do you think? was it lack of the sleep the night before? nerves during the test? did you take up more time then you usually did in practice tests? or was the test just honestly way harder?

i have a month to go and i'm not doing too bad right now but i don't want to get too confident...just wnated to see how you all felt.

thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I scored pretty well on all of my sections but math got me... I got a 13 and I honestly think it was because of lack of practice... when I took my practice test I was scoring pretty well on Math but I didn't take time to actually practice word problems. Hope that helps... so practice practice practice... :)

Hmm...one word: confidence. I was semi-confident going into the test, but after the first few bio questions, I got super rattled and lost momentum/concentration/confidence. I began thinking "omg, I just failed!, sigh whatever, I'm going to retake in 3 months, etc etc etc." It really affected the "pace/mood" for the rest of the test in a bad way. When I clicked for my scores, I had a sick feeling, because I thought I didn't do well. Turns out I got a 22, but I still felt sick, because I think I could of done better had I kept my confidence up.

I guess moral of story is: don't loose your cool. Just go with it and aim for your best!

Oh and yeah. Pray to whoever your deity is for LUCK. My rc sample didn't have any crazy passages (thx the gods), but my TS had some really funky ones. If I had gotten 1-2 more right in any TS section it would of made the difference of a 23 Ochem --->26-30 which would of given me a 24+ AA/24+TS. Ah well, thats life :thumbup:

Edit: And I know a 22 isn't bad by any means, but we all go in thinking we are going to get a 25+...so when we don't I guess "we feel bad." I'm in no means "disappointed with my score", but I just "wish" I had done that during my test. Gl everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)