For those of you who don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend in dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Profchaos

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you think dental schools really care about the detail of the course work you took or if you have retaken classes?
I feel that because if I know I was gonna apply to dental school I would have taken a bunch of easy math classes to boost up my science GPA but not work my butt off to ace both Calculus classes.

Members don't see this ad.

Profchaos said:
Do you think dental schools really care about the detail of the course work you took or if you have retaken classes?
I feel that because if I know I was gonna apply to dental school I would have taken a bunch of easy math classes to boost up my science GPA but not work my butt off to ace both Calculus classes.

dental schools care about the detail of the course work if you have a boyfriend, but do not if you don't.

ackbar said:
dental schools care about the detail of the course work if you have a boyfriend, but do not if you don't.

Its actually the other way around.

Dental schools care about the detail of course work if you DONT have a boyfriend/girlfriend.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rezdawg said:
Its actually the other way around.

Dental schools care about the detail of course work if you DONT have a boyfriend/girlfriend.

Haha, what I meant is that if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend in dental school, he/she would be able to tell you what courses to take to boost up your stats. I'd admit the title is made to attract some attention.
So seriously, do you think they care about the detail?

Profchaos said:
Haha, what I meant is that if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend in dental school, he/she would be able to tell you what courses to take to boost up your stats. I'd admit the title is made to attract some attention.
So seriously, do you think they care about the detail?

As long as you are doing decently well in your pre-recs, fill up the rest of your schedule with the biggest load of crap ever. If I had to go back, I would have definitely tried to choose classes more carefully to boost my gpa. Of course, it may not be a good idea to take one science class and 4 underwater basket weaving classes, but I wouldnt worry too much about the detail...just get your gpa as high as possible.